WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAntivirus Pro attack - Page 1 EmptyRe: Antivirus Pro attack

more_horiz
Seems like Napster is causing the issue. I have experienced that before.

Please go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and remove the following (if present):

• Napster

Please re-open HijackThis and scan. Check the boxes to the left of all the entries listed below.

R3 - URLSearchHook: AIM Toolbar Search Class - {03402f96-3dc7-4285-bc50-9e81fefafe43} - C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\aimtb.dll
R3 - URLSearchHook: AOLTBSearch Class - {EA756889-2338-43DB-8F07-D1CA6FB9C90D} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 3.0\aoltb.dll
R3 - URLSearchHook: AOLSearchHook Class - {54EB34EA-E6BE-4CFD-9F4F-C4A0C2EAFA22} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Search Enhancement\AOLSearch.dll
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ttool] C:\WINDOWS\essledv.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.trymedia.com (HKLM)

Then, please exit all programs except for HijackThis (System Tray (bottom right of screen): right-click on each program icon and click an Exit or shut down option, etc.), then click Fix Checked.

After it completes its process, please close HijackThis and reboot your computer.

Using Windows Explorer (to get there right-click your Start button and go to "Explore"), please delete this folder (if present):

C:\Program Files\Napster

Using Windows Explorer (to get there right-click your Start button and go to "Explore"), please delete this file (if present):

C:\WINDOWS\essledv.exe

Please reboot your computer again, and post a new HijackThis log here in your next reply.

more_horiz
Hi. So apparently after downloading and installing XP SP3 like instructed and then reboot to complete the updating, my computer doesn't boot anymore. Its stuck at the flying flag logo screen of windows (the blue thingy still running like its loading but the computer itself didn't seem like its working at all i.e. no noise, completely quiet..).

I haven't touched the adobe/java/napster yet. I can't get it to run on safemode either (it reboot itself when chosen any option of safemode), and if I choose boot to normal mode or last working mode, its stuck at said screen. I left it running at that screen for the whole night and it didnt seem to go anywhere.

I tried to put on my restore CD and it can run to that restore options screen but I don't want to! At least I want to recover my data first before doing anything!

Any input is appreciated !! Sad tearing

more_horiz
Please save the following instructions into Notepad and print it out as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the process.

1.Please reboot into Recovery Console as you did before.

2.You must enter which Windows installation to log onto. Type 1 and press Enter.

3.At the C:\Windows prompt, type the following bolded command, and press Enter:

set allowallpaths = true

4.At the next prompt type without the quotes "cd erdnt\subs" and hit Enter.

5.At the next prompt, please type in the following without the quotes: "batch erdnt.con" and hit Enter.

The erunt backups should begin copying backup files. At the next prompt after it is complete, Type exit.

kindly reboot your pc and tell me if Windows is loading now

more_horiz
Umm. Is the restore CD the same as the Windows setup disk? I don't know if I got it right because what i had is the restore disk for my computer and it only give me 2 options: restore C drive or whole hard drive to factory condition. I haven't seen or tried the recovery console yet or maybe I missed it somewhere along the way. I don't have my computer with me right now so I'll try and let you know ASAP.

Does the above process affect my data or it jsut fix my system files?

Thank you for being so helpful and patient..

more_horiz
It just fixes system files. Sometimes, when malware gets removed, it can damage system files, which are required to help Windows boot. When those files get repaired, the system can boot again.

When booting in to Windows, remember to use the arrow key to quickly select the Recovery Console. This is important to be able to do the above process.

more_horiz
Hi, i just tried to do what you said, but when I typed in cd erdnt\subs it said the system cannot find the file or directory specified. So that back up file is not in my computer? what should i do..

Thanks

more_horiz
Please perform an XP repair install.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315341

more_horiz
Ok... I'll try it then.

Thanks

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum: