WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionBrowser security features compared EmptyBrowser security features compared

more_horiz
Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3, Google Chrome 4, Apple's Safari 4, and Opera 10 include features that block sites known to host malware and malicious downloads. All but Opera also let you browse without leaving any tracks. But just as important as these protections is ensuring that whichever browser you use is thoroughly patched.

Filtering out bad sites
Firefox's built-in anti-phishing tool claims to update its bad-site database 48 times a day, according to Mozilla's Firefox security page. Firefox 3 uses Google's Safe Browsing service to automatically block sites that are known to host malware. The Google Code site describes how Safe Browsing works in Firefox.

To verify that attack-site blocking is enabled in Firefox, click Tools > Options > Security and make sure "Block reported attack sites" is checked.

More: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13880_3-10402239-68.html

............................................................................................

descriptionBrowser security features compared EmptyRe: Browser security features compared

more_horiz
I did a similar test a while ago, for browser security. It was amazing the results. I will post my test results here:

DragonMaster Jay wrote:

The following test is to see what browser is currently the most secure. There were four tested browsers, which are up to date with the latest security updates, and feature updates. To note, they are the following: Internet Explorer 8, Mozilla Firefox 3.5, Apple Safari 4, and Google Chrome (latest build).

1. Apple Safari (0% chance of malware executing via browser hijacking - Passed all tests)
2. TIE Mozilla Firefox (40% chance of malware executing via browser hijacking - failed 2 out of 5 tests)
3. TIE Internet Explorer (40% chance of malware executing via browser hijacking - failed 2 out of 5 tests)
4. TIE Google Chrome (40% chance of malware executing via browser hijacking - failed 2 out of 5 tests)

Statistic: 75% of all browsers have a chance of malware executing via browser hijacker.

What were they tested on?

A. Javascript vulnerability test: can the Javascript execute a malicious command?
B. Javascript Clipboard access: can malware writers use Javascript to read your clipboard, collecting personal data?
C. Popup windows: can the webpage launch popups in any form?
D. Cookies written: Can third party cookies load automatically?
E. ActiveX: does the webpage automatically install ActiveX controls?

Test conducted on Thursday, October 1, 2009.

descriptionBrowser security features compared EmptyRe: Browser security features compared

more_horiz
Which is why always have your Antivirus/Internet Security on. I use Kaspersky Internet Security I and know it already blocks A, B, C and E.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Browser security features compared Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum