WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionDisplay of file attributes in Windows Explorer (Windows 7) EmptyDisplay of file attributes in Windows Explorer (Windows 7)

more_horiz
I am trying to set up folder options in Windows Explorer so that each time I open a folder, the 'details' of the files contained are displayed, not their icons or any of the other possibilities. I want this to be a permanent change, not something I have to do each time I view the contents of a folder. I've tried to accomplish this in 'Preferences' but this to date has not been successful. Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Brad

descriptionDisplay of file attributes in Windows Explorer (Windows 7) EmptyRe: Display of file attributes in Windows Explorer (Windows 7)

more_horiz
Hello,

Do you mean the details view option? Or if you want to view the file detail, there's a pane in the bottom of Explorer which lets you view all the details you need, here's an example of mine:

Display of file attributes in Windows Explorer (Windows 7) Ss10

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Display of file attributes in Windows Explorer (Windows 7) Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionDisplay of file attributes in Windows Explorer (Windows 7) EmptyRe: Display of file attributes in Windows Explorer (Windows 7)

more_horiz
Yes - I want the details view option.

more_horiz
Hello,

Do you have the menu bar in Explorer? If you do not, go to Organize >> Layout >> Check Menu bar. Under View select [b]Details.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
Thanks so much for the tip but unfortunately, this still doesn't do the trick for me. My specific issue concerns an 'Image' folder that I have on an external hard drive. Under that folder I have many additional ones for each of my cameras, and there are many subfolders for each camera. Even when I'm viewing just the 'Image' folder and set the view to 'details' and additionally go to a second tab and check the box to have this view apply to all folders of this sort, it still doesn't work. I can find many subfolders in which the view generates thumbnails instead of the detail list. I'm perplexed!

Brad

more_horiz
Hello,

Please try resetting the folder view settings:

http://www.geekpolice.net/windows-7-tutorials-f36/reset-windows-explorer-folder-view-settings-in-windows-7-t4008.htm

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum