WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCan't access ANY secured website... help! EmptyCan't access ANY secured website... help!

more_horiz
Hey all, great serivce here, will definitely donate. Thanks again.

MY problem is my computer will not allow me to access ANY secured website (i.e. password protected sites, https sites, etc such as Gmail, Facebook, Yahoo, etc. etc. ). I'm still able to access the Internet and password-protected sites that AREN'T https (such as geekpolice), but hoping to correct this other issue if possible.

Any help??

Thanks again!!

descriptionCan't access ANY secured website... help! EmptyRe: Can't access ANY secured website... help!

more_horiz
Hi,
Please tell me which internet browser you use ?

............................................................................................

Can't access ANY secured website... help! V45u80

descriptionCan't access ANY secured website... help! EmptyRe: Can't access ANY secured website... help!

more_horiz
Internet Explorer. Tried accessing the sites via Firefox as well, but same issue exists.

more_horiz
sOk.

• Click on Start > Control Panel > Internet Options.
  • Go to Advanced tab and scroll down till you find this rows, mark them -> On.
  • Can't access ANY secured website... help! Asdsd10
  • Now click OK.
Try to visit some https website -> If you have Facebook check Here.

If this didn't work, let me know.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
Nope, no luck... takes me to an error page:

----------------
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds

Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

---------------------

more_horiz
Go to Start > Run > type "regsvr32 softpub.dll" and press Enter. (without " ) wait for message and press OK.

More:
http://askbobrankin.com/cannot_access_secure_sites.html
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic41067.html

It could be caused by Malware too.

more_horiz
Unfortunately, that didn't do anything.. all it said was 'DllRegisterServer in softpub.dll succeeded'. https sites still not working..

more_horiz
Hello,

Did you restart the computer after keying that command in? Also try this;

Start >> Run >> cmd >> Type in line by line and hit Enter:

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

Last edited by Doctor Inferno on 18th November 2009, 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Can't access ANY secured website... help! Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Got it working! Read on a different forum of the need to uninstall an old version of norton internet security.. did that and it started working immediately. Awesome, thanks a lot!!

more_horiz
You should get some protection for your computer in future.

I suggest Avast Antivirus Home Edition, you can download this software from here.
Also, it's free to register your product, so check this link for Registration Form.

more_horiz
I downloaded AVG Anti-Virus Free and have that running.. is it ok to run two anti-virus programs?

more_horiz
Hi,
If you already have AVG, than stay on it.
Keep your antivirus updated for better protection, this is important.

Do not install two antivirus software on your computer, it will cause errors in their work.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum