WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionDVD drives do not recognize disks EmptyDVD drives do not recognize disks

more_horiz
Hi:
I have a system running XP Pro with a DVD-ROM drive and a DVD+RW drive. When I place a CD or DVD into either of these drives and try to access that drive via Windows Explorer, I receive a message box stating "Please insert a disk into drive D:" or "Please insert a disk into drive E:" respectively. If it is a DVD movie, I can run PowerDVD and it will read it. I can use ImgBurn to write to the DVD+RW drive (E:) to create and archive copy of any DVD's I have already stored on my harddisk. Using Windows I cannot burn files to a CD as the DVD+RW drive will not recognize the presence of a blank CD-R. I have tried updating the drivers but that has only made it worse (Before I could at least put in a blank CD-R and it would let me place files to be burned but it would not burn). Any suggestions? Thanks.

descriptionDVD drives do not recognize disks EmptyRe: DVD drives do not recognize disks

more_horiz
Hello,

I would take a look at the cables connected to the DVD drives making sure that it's properly connected.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

DVD drives do not recognize disks Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionDVD drives do not recognize disks EmptyRe: DVD drives do not recognize disks

more_horiz
Hi,
check link down, Microsoft Support website

Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs

............................................................................................

DVD drives do not recognize disks V45u80

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum