WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionDesktop icons are gone and redirects google searches EmptyDesktop icons are gone and redirects google searches

more_horiz
I am not very good with computers and have a very basic knowledge of them, so I hope someone can help me. Upon clicking on a website, my computer froze, then was ok, then a bunch of pop ups appeared and then my computer restarted. When it came back on, my desktop background picture was gone and it was just a blue screen, and all of my icons were gone as well. When I went to google to try and find an answer my searches are redirected to other sites like bing.com or I get a message saying "internet explorer cannont display the webpage". I tried running spybot and tried to download other virus scan programs and cannot. I was able to download Malewarebytes, but when I try to open it now I get a message saying I do not have appropriate permissions to access the item.
I am afraid that I have done some damage to my computer and I have no idea how to fix it...Please help me!
Thanks

descriptionDesktop icons are gone and redirects google searches EmptyRe: Desktop icons are gone and redirects google searches

more_horiz
Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.
Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2

• Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.
  • Copy the content of the following codebox into the main textfield:

Code:

:filefind
    scecli.dll
    netlogon.dll
    eventlog.dll
    cngaudit.dll

• Click the Look button to start the scan.
  • When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Desktop icons are gone and redirects google searches DXwU4
Desktop icons are gone and redirects google searches VvYDg

descriptionDesktop icons are gone and redirects google searches EmptyRe: Desktop icons are gone and redirects google searches

more_horiz
Hi thanks for your help,
I did the systemlook and this is the notepad that came up, I am not sure if it is finished yet? But the systemlook window closed:

SystemLook v1.0 by jpshortstuff (29.08.09)
Log created at 21:52 on 27/10/2009 by Shannon (Administrator - Elevation successful)

========== filefind ==========

Searching for "scecli.dll"

Should I keep waiting or is this what you need?

more_horiz
Hello.
No, the log should be longer.

Can you check the filesize manually here? Find this file:
C:\Windows\system32\eventlog.dll

Right click it, select Properties and let me know the filesize please.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
Ok, I cannot even get onto the internet now with the computer, I am on my laptop, but it says the size is:

60.5KB (61,952 bytes)
and it also says size on disk:
64.0 KB (65,536 bytes)

more_horiz
1. Please download The Avenger by Swandog46 to your Desktop
Link: HERE

• Click on Avenger.zip to open the file
  • Extract avenger.exe to your desktop
2. Copy all the text contained in the code box below to your Clipboard by highlighting it and pressing (Ctrl+C):

Files to delete:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\eventlog.dll

Note: the above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

3. Now, start The Avenger program by clicking on its icon on your desktop.

• Under "Input script here:", paste in the script from the quote box above.
  • Leave the ticked box "Scan for rootkit" ticked.
  • Then tick "Disable any rootkits found"
  • Now click on the Execute to begin execution of the script.
  • Answer "Yes" twice when prompted.

The Avenger will automatically do the following:

• It will Restart your computer.
  • On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
  • After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger’s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
  • The Avenger will also have backed up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.
4. Please copy/paste the content of c:\avenger.txt into your reply.

more_horiz
Ok thank you, I am still trying to get connected to the internet. I know it is working, as I am on it right now on my laptop but my desktop will not connect....But I will download as soon as I can get on.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum