WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWhich processes are ok to turn off? -Vista EmptyWhich processes are ok to turn off? -Vista

more_horiz
I was working on my computer today and i realized that it has become excessively slow. I was going to turn off some processes, but i have no idea which ones are ok to turn off.

Is there any way that I can show you guys which processes i have running?

(any other suggestions on ways to speed up my computer would be awesome too Big Grin )

descriptionWhich processes are ok to turn off? -Vista EmptyRe: Which processes are ok to turn off? -Vista

more_horiz
Please download the latest version of Kaspersky GetSystemInfo (GSI) from Kaspersky and save it to your Desktop.
Which processes are ok to turn off? -Vista Icon13 Please close all other applications running on your system.

Please double click GetSystemInfo.exe to open it.

Click the Settings button.Which processes are ok to turn off? -Vista 2hd457o

Which processes are ok to turn off? -Vista 34gul1w

Set it to Maximum

Which processes are ok to turn off? -Vista 2n9gldh

Which processes are ok to turn off? -Vista Icon13 IMPORTANT! Then please click Customize - choose Driver / Ports tab and uncheck Scan Ports.

Click Create Report to run it.Which processes are ok to turn off? -Vista 2ekm73m

It will create a zip folder called GetSystemInfo_XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.zip on your Desktop. Please upload the folder to Kaspersky GSI Parser and click the Submit button.

Please copy and paste the url of the GSI Parser report (not the log) in your next reply.

descriptionWhich processes are ok to turn off? -Vista EmptyRe: Which processes are ok to turn off? -Vista

more_horiz
Thanks a lot Dragonmaster! Big Grin

here's the URL
http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file=2865f1db8ce708af73a437ffae0f7c40

more_horiz
There does not seems to be a lot started up. Try to clean temp files:

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
    Under Main choose: Select All
    Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browser
    Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browser
    Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

more_horiz
Ok, i did the clean up and it does seem to be going a little faster.

I have one more question though, where do i find the programs that launch on startup?

(like is there a specific place that they'd all be located?)

Thanks again!

more_horiz
In the Start menu, type in msconfig, hit enter, then click on the startup tab.

more_horiz
Sorry gunshow, but when i type that in, nothing pops up Can't Believe It

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum