WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

WinCoDecPRO Removal Needed - Hijackthis log included

3 posters

descriptionWinCoDecPRO Removal Needed - Hijackthis log included - Page 3 EmptyRe: WinCoDecPRO Removal Needed - Hijackthis log included

more_horiz
Do you have the url for it? This is hard to read. The url will be in the address bar, when you view the report.

descriptionWinCoDecPRO Removal Needed - Hijackthis log included - Page 3 EmptyRe: WinCoDecPRO Removal Needed - Hijackthis log included

more_horiz
DMJ - That report is actually from Notepad so I don't have a URL for it. I couldn't get the program to open, but that report showed up in Notepad somehow.

more_horiz
Were you able to access the website http://www.getsysteminfo.com ?

There is a place to upload that notepad file. Then, it outputs to readable text.

more_horiz
DMJ - I uploaded it to GSI, but my problems with copy/paste are not allowing me to copy the URL to post it.

What should I do?

Under 'Suspicious' the only thing that was found were "Potentially Incompatible Software"
Just an FYI.

more_horiz
Disregard the last post, I will just type it out for you:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file=cb26f4630582aeabf12a304573c0abf3&ms=0#Top

more_horiz
Hello.

I have consulted another expert, and he has told me that we should recommend that the computer to be formatted.

I recommend to purchase an XP disc (usually cheap), or higher OS (Vista, or 7, etc). Then, reformat and reinstall.

What I saw on your system was called a library rootkit. Here is what that is in layman's terms:
"Library rootkits commonly patch, hook, or replace system files with versions that hide information about the attacker. These instances may modify how a legitimate program behaves by making it perform additional functions that it is not authorized to do, such as causing your sound to not behave properly, and then sending blue-screens. "

The blue-screens were spawned as a result of injected audio drivers. Although we may have fȋxed part of the driver, the driver is damaged, and locked therefore making it impossible to repair. The malware has compromised your system in a way, where even if we did say your computer was clean, it could become reinfected very easily, making it difficult to maintain. It is recommended to get XP or higher, because support by experts is much better.

more_horiz
Considering the specifications of my computer, do you think it will be ok to install XP?

Let me know. If so, I will install XP. Also be advised I am currently running 2k Pro.

more_horiz
Understood. It will be a full install, so you cannot use an Upgrade disc (it usually says Upgrade on the box or disc).

I checked your system specifications by the Kaspersky GSI, and it will run XP very good. I say go ahead. Smile...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum