WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptiona million and 1 problems Emptya million and 1 problems

more_horiz
hey guys, been abit inactive lately as i have been having some major problems with my PC and i am pretty much at my witts end with it now and feel like throwing it out the window. So for a last attempt i am wondering if any of you have any ideas that i have not already tried.

wasn't really sure where to start this topic as i dont know what is causing the problems.

i have been trying to fix this for about a week now with absolutly no progress what so ever.

all these problems happen at random times, and sometimes not at all, but always at least once a day.
where to begin?...........

so
1st, i like to play abit of NBA and sometimes when im in the middle of a match, BLUE SCREEN, erm...... error code? i will get back to you on that one when it happens again.

2nd, EXE stop working completely, cant shut down,restart and the task manager wont even work, forcing me to hard reset , when it has rebooted, all works fine, then i can come back 1-2 hrs later and again NO .EXE will work.

3rd this has only happened 3 times so far, after a reboot just before it should display the WIN 7 scrolling load bar, its just a black screen, no HDD activity no nothing, a hard reset after this results in windows booting as it should.

4th and this is the worse one, after all the effort of trying to fix these problems, i thought 'FULL SYSTEM FORMAT' be the quickest and easiest solution at this point, so i put my disc in 'set-up is loading files'...................... as soon as that is finished there is a error, I/O error, Power failer, Atapi <--- those are the words i remember from the error. So i cant even format the thing.

i have tried different DVD drives, on 4 different HDDs all resulting in the same error. As i am doing a clean boot of the disc (not in windows) and still get the error, this leads me to think that maybe windows is fine and not causing it?

they all seemed to start happening around the same time, so maybe its 1 thing causing them all.
i think there are more problems i just cant think what at the moment, but i will add them as i think of them.

PS- when it works and nȯne of the problems have kicked in, it works like a charm (like right now)

EDIT: it seems that the .EXE problem has fȋxed it self, and i aint seen the blue screen for a while Let me think infact come to think of it, since i wrote this mesage, i havnt had one of these problems re-occure

getting loads of page re-directions though, which is rather annoying, but not as bad as the other problems were

Last edited by Xenos on 14th October 2009, 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

............................................................................................

Main System Spec: Intel Quad Q9550 (OC to 3.4Ghz), Gigabyte Ga-ep45-ud3l, 4gb kingston hyperX @ 1066mhz, Corsair tx 650, Nvidia 8600GT.

a million and 1 problems Siggye

descriptiona million and 1 problems EmptyRe: a million and 1 problems

more_horiz
2nd, EXE stop working completely, cant shut down,restart and the task manager wont even work, forcing me to hard reset , when it has rebooted, all works fine, then i can come back 1-2 hrs later and again NO .EXE will work.

getting loads of page re-directions though, which is rather annoying, but not as bad as the other problems were

Both sounds like a case of a malware infection. You might want to get your computer checked up in the malware removal forum.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

a million and 1 problems Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
I had a sata card in and I took that out and was able to format, all problems seem to be solved now, I think I have a faulty PCI bus on my board. As when anything is in it I get constant minor problems.

Thanks, I'll mark as solved now

Main System Spec: Intel Quad Q9550 (OC to 3.4Ghz), Gigabyte Ga-ep45-ud3l, 4gb kingston hyperX @ 1066mhz, Corsair tx 650, Nvidia 8600GT.

a million and 1 problems Siggye

more_horiz
Does your power supply is big enough with watts?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum