WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHelp! How can I remove security tool virus ? EmptyHelp! How can I remove security tool virus ?

more_horiz
Hello to the Geekpolice, Here goes for my first post. The machine in question has xp (homeuser edition) It has been dormant for a year whilst my son went a travelling. He updated to avg 8.5 today and somehow got the "security tool" program disrupting most of the windows activity. It seems to block you opening anything that might stop it's disruption. i.e. taskmanager to view and stop the rogue processes.Any tool that you download to rid it will not open. I ran spyware doctor which picked up the virus and I thought that would be it but upon reboot it just comes back on.It won't even let me open up the winlogon file that I downloaded, so I can't let anyone analyse that. I would be very grateful for any help you can give me. Many thanks, Phil.

descriptionHelp! How can I remove security tool virus ? EmptyRe: Help! How can I remove security tool virus ?

more_horiz

• Please download DDS by sUBs to your Desktop (Important!!) from one of these locations:
    Link 1
    Link 2
  • Double click DDS.scr to run.
  • When complete, two logs will open. Save both of the report to your Desktop.
  • Copy and paste DDS.txt back here, I don't need to see attach.txt just yet.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Help! How can I remove security tool virus ? DXwU4
Help! How can I remove security tool virus ? VvYDg

descriptionHelp! How can I remove security tool virus ? EmptyRe: Help! How can I remove security tool virus ?

more_horiz
Thanks for the quick response. My son seems to have solved the problem. He booted up in safe mode, he then ran spyware doctor which has spotted and removed the Security tool, and the system seems to be running fine again, but, I will be sure to direct people to this site for any problems, thanks again.
Fliptat.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum