WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionantivirus pro:file is infected Emptyantivirus pro:file is infected

more_horiz
been trying different files to delete antivirus pro but it won't execute. it says:

application cannot be executed. the file (filename).exe is infected. do you want to activate your antivirus now?

tried malwarebytes anti-malware and combofix. thanks.

descriptionantivirus pro:file is infected EmptyRe: antivirus pro:file is infected

more_horiz
Hi

ComboFix should not be run without the guidance of a helper. It is a powerful tool and is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private or regular use. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

Please delete the current version of ComboFix you have.

Please download ComboFixantivirus pro:file is infected Combofix by sUBs
Link 1: Forospyware.com or Link 2: BleepingComputer.com

Please save the file to your Desktop, but rename it first:

antivirus pro:file is infected Cf110
antivirus pro:file is infected Cf210

Important information about ComboFix

Before the download:
  • Please copy and paste these instructions to Notepad and save to your Desktop, or print them - for easier access.
  • It is important to rename ComboFix before the download.
  • Please do not rename ComboFix to other names, but only the one indicated.

After the download:
  • Close any open browsers.
  • Very Important: Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results". Please visit here if you don't know how.
  • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
  • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until ComboFix has completely finished.
  • If there is no Internet connection after running ComboFix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.

Running ComboFix:
  • Double click on svchost.exe & follow the prompts.
  • It will attempt to install the Recovery Console:

antivirus pro:file is infected Cf410
antivirus pro:file is infected Cf510

• When ComboFix finishes, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the "C:\Combo-Fix.txt" in your next reply.

Troubleshooting ComboFix

Safe Mode:

If you still cannot get ComboFix to run, try booting into Safe Mode, and run it there.

(To boot into Safe Mode, tap F8 after BIOS, and just before the Windows
logo appears. A list of options will appear, select "Safe Mode.")

Re-downloading:

If this doesn't work either, try the same method (above method), but try to download it again, except name
ComboFix.exe to iexplore.exe, explorer.exe, or winlogon.exe.

Malware is known for blocking all "user" processes, except for its whitelist of system important processes such as iexplore.exe, explorer.exe, winlogon.exe.

descriptionantivirus pro:file is infected EmptyRe: antivirus pro:file is infected

more_horiz
when i double click on svchost.exe i still get the same message as file is infected.

more_horiz
i also tried troubleshooting combofix but computer wont go into safe mode and i also tried renaming combofix but it still says file is corruptedwhen i tried to run it.

more_horiz
Hi

Please do a scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner

Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.

• The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
  • After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My Computer.
  • This will start the program and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report
  • Now, click on the Save Report as button.
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.

more_horiz
is it normal that it is updating the database with a size of 131 mb?

more_horiz
the database update stopped after 70mb and says update has failed. when i tried to redo it it wont update anymore and there is a message that says scanningprocess file is infected

more_horiz
Hi

Please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner
Note: You will need to use Internet Explorer for this scan

• Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the ActiveX control to install
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the options Remove found threats and the option Scan unwanted applications is checked
  • Click Scan (This scan can take several hours, so please be patient)
  • Once the scan is completed, you may close the window
  • Use Notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
  • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic

more_horiz
tried it but when i click on run application, a window says application is infected so a blank page appears in the scanner window.

more_horiz
Hi

Please read the following page about Virut: http://www.helpmyos.com/malware-threat-removal-f6/virut-information-t879.htm

We have hit a dead end.

more_horiz
i left my laptop off for 2 days and when i turned it on today, seems like the malware was hibernating. i ran the combofix right away and it loaded and cleaned it. what happened? i gave up hope already and was about to reformat.

more_horiz
Your system is mostlly corrupted. I would not recommend to leave it as is. Virut is a dangerous infection and should be dealt with immediately, through the instructions provided above.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum