WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMouse trouble - double clicks when I click once EmptyMouse trouble - double clicks when I click once

more_horiz
I'm using a Logitech cordless optical mouse on Windows XP Home edition. The mouse is part of a mouse/keyboard combo.

About 25% of the time that I click with my mouse, it accidentally double clicks instead of a single click. This has caused me to accidentally run things and accidentally delete things.

I have run anti virus and anti spyware and anti malware scans. They all come up clean.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be the trouble? Is my mouse dying?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

descriptionMouse trouble - double clicks when I click once EmptyRe: Mouse trouble - double clicks when I click once

more_horiz
bump

descriptionMouse trouble - double clicks when I click once EmptyRe: Mouse trouble - double clicks when I click once

more_horiz
Hello,

You might have the Single Click option enabled.

Open Windows Explorer >> Tools >> Folder Options >> General tab >> Select: Double-click to open an item (single-click to select) >> Ok.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Mouse trouble - double clicks when I click once Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Nope. It's set to double click.

I'm having this problem in all the programs I use. It's especially bad in my email program and web browser. I use Thunderbird and Firefox. That's why I thought it might be a virus or malware.

Doctor Inferno wrote:
Hello,

You might have the Single Click option enabled.

Open Windows Explorer >> Tools >> Folder Options >> General tab >> Select: Double-click to open an item (single-click to select) >> Ok.

more_horiz
Hello,

You can get checked in the malware removal forum, see if it malware. If not then it's most probably the mouse.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Mouse trouble - double clicks when I click once Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Thank you. I do have a feeling that it is a hardware problem with the mouse. I just talked to an offline friend who has had the same trouble.

Thank you for trying to help me though. It's appreciated.

Doctor Inferno wrote:
Hello,

You can get checked in the malware removal forum, see if it malware. If not then it's most probably the mouse.

more_horiz
It sounds like you need a new mouse. When a mouse gets old , it will double click with a single click. Get a new mouse.

Mouse trouble - double clicks when I click once Longlo10

more_horiz
Thank you. I am looking into getting a new one.

Albert wrote:
It sounds like you need a new mouse. When a mouse gets old , it will double click with a single click. Get a new mouse.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum