WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionRemove Personal Guard 2009 [Removal Guide] EmptyRemove Personal Guard 2009 [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
This guide will give you easy instructions on how to remove Personal Guard 2009 for free.

What is Personal Guard 2009? (Information)

Personal Guard 2009 is a fake security software which uses fraudulent strategies by displaying false or exaggerated security issues on your computer rather than any legitimate ones to coerce you into purchasing their software.

Personal Guard 2009 Screenshots

Click Spoiler to view more screenshots.
Spoiler :

To remove Personal Guard 2009 manually, delete the following items
Personal Guard 2009 Files, Folders and Registry items

%UserProfile%\Desktop\Personal Guard 2009.lnk
    %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Personal Guard 2009
    %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Personal Guard 2009\Personal Guard 2009.lnk
    %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Personal Guard 2009\Uninstall.lnk
    C:\Program Files\Personal Guard 2009
    C:\Program Files\Personal Guard 2009\config.cnf
    C:\Program Files\Personal Guard 2009\mainbase.adb
    C:\Program Files\Personal Guard 2009\personalguard.exe
    C:\Program Files\Personal Guard 2009\q.adb
    C:\Program Files\Personal Guard 2009\queue.vdb
    C:\Program Files\Personal Guard 2009\uninstall.exe
    C:\Program Files\Personal Guard 2009\virusbase.adb
    C:\Program Files\Personal Guard 2009\quarantine
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Personal Guard 2009
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Personal Guard 2009
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "personalguard"

Follow these instructions to continue for the automatic removal:

1. Please download this removal tool: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Remove Personal Guard 2009 [Removal Guide] Startd10

If you are having problems downloading from the link above, click here:
    Spoiler :

2. Extract the file and install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by double clicking on winlogon.exe

3. Follow the prompts. Make sure that Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware are checked. Then click finish.

4. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will automatically update itself after the install, you can press the OK button to close that box and you will now be at the main program as shown below.

If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware with the latest database
Spoiler :

Remove Personal Guard 2009 [Removal Guide] Mbam010

5. Close ALL open Windows, Programs, File or Folders.

6. Make sure you are on the Scanner tab. Select Perform quick scan then click the Scan button as shown above.

7. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for infected files as shown below.
Remove Personal Guard 2009 [Removal Guide] Mbam10

8. When the scan is finished a message box will appear, click Ok to continue.

9. Click Show Results.
Remove Personal Guard 2009 [Removal Guide] Mbam110

10. You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections like shown below. Yours may look different depending on the infection you have.

11. Click on Remove seletced
Remove Personal Guard 2009 [Removal Guide] Mbam_i10

12. When removing the files, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware may require you to restart the computer in order to do a complete removal. If it displays a message stating that it needs to restart, please allow it to do so.

13. After that you can close the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware window, your computer is now cleaned.

To protect your computer from future threats like this, you may want to consider purchasing the Pro version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware with real-time protection from this link.

If you are still experiencing problems or difficulties following this guide or require any assistance removing this software, please post your questions in our Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal forums for free help.

You have to be logged in to post questions. Registration is free. By registering you are privileged to other virus removal resources in future.

Last edited by Doctor Inferno on 17th October 2009, 4:46 am; edited 2 times in total

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Remove Personal Guard 2009 [Removal Guide] Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionRemove Personal Guard 2009 [Removal Guide] EmptyRe: Remove Personal Guard 2009 [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
Thank you so much! Your tool removed it successfully.

I registered just to say thank you and in case I have more problems in future I know where to come. Smile...

descriptionRemove Personal Guard 2009 [Removal Guide] EmptyRe: Remove Personal Guard 2009 [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
thanks for the help

more_horiz
I tried many removal programs and THIS ONE WORKED!! I have been trying to get rid of this virus for a week, Thank you SO MUCH!

more_horiz
Hi my names Roman and i've been trying to remove personal guard 2009 of 7 hours straight and i've tried EVERYTHING, i've tried using spybot,malware bytes,and i've even tried to remove it myself but it keeps restoring itself and i don't have the money to spend on spy doctor,can anyone help?

more_horiz
I did a search on how to remove Personal Guard 2009. I downloaded the Avast antivirus and ran it. It found a few items and I deleted them. PG2009 is stilll here popping up its BS messages. It was haled as the great wonder in getting rid of this junk. Is MalwareBytes any better? Does anything remove it besides the manual editing of the registry, which I am leary of doing as it can be so damaging if done wrong.

more_horiz
Thanks alot. I read several sites which said the mbam solution did not and would not work. This was only partially true. This may not be the case in all infections, but what I found was once my system was infected with pg09 mbam would not install.

The mbam.exe was being detected and deleted during installation (assumingly by pg09), the wizard would "complete" but a windows error would follow and the program was not executable. Upon navigating to the program files destination I discovered the executable was gone. I tried several variations of install but it was removed everytime. I wound up using another machine which had not been infected with pg09 and installed mbam. Once that was done I re-named the .exe (pg_smoker.exe for example) and copied to a flash drive, then to the destination pc in the appropriate program directory. mbam would then launch, update worked fine, and apparently the pc was quite compramised as 60+ files were detected. I selected to remove them all and reboot and BAM (or mbam 😉 ) pg09 did launch any longer.

I might have wanted to be more selective with the file removal as there were many win errors upon startup pretaining to missing files etc. but all applications appear to be working properly, I'll update if I find something failed.

more_horiz
I too had a problem downloading Malwarebytes'. Sneaky little fella this Personal Guard is! I followed your advice, boneall, and it worked perfect for getting Mbam to run. I too go a bunch of win errors after reboot and now it looks like Personal Guard got loaded somehow onto my computer (before running mbam, it was not in my start menu, now it is after restarting...)

So I'm running it again!

more_horiz
Just a quick update - I re-ran mbam and it again found some of the same files (I'm guessing when I clicked OK on some of those Win Error messages I messed it up again, so don't do that if you get them!)

I restarted again after running mbam and it ran perfect. No error messages, nothing at all resembling Personal Guard. Thank goodness!

more_horiz
Hello,

Anyone with difficulty removing this malware, please open a new topic here for assistance:

http://www.geekpolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Remove Personal Guard 2009 [Removal Guide] Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum