WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAudio player EmptyAudio player

more_horiz
Okay, so I have an iPod, and despise iTunes with all my body, cuz it's a piece of poop. I run windows, and have tried lots of media players. All of them I have tried are craptacular. Are there any good audio players out there? I currently have winamp, and despite it being good for syncing my iPod, it freezes up A LOT and I'm gonna go insane if it keeps up. I need a new audio player. Thanks.

descriptionAudio player EmptyRe: Audio player

more_horiz
D4v1dH4ckm4n wrote:
Okay, so I have an iPod, and despise iTunes with all my body, cuz it's a piece of poop.

LMBO or ROFL

I guess this is one of those issue's were the best answer for you is going to be a personalized thing......by that i mean what you prefer personally and what works best for you and your needs!

I Love using my WMP11 thats packaged with Vista so i havent tested a lot of other media players for myself.

Im not sure if you've tried it, but i would love to test VLC media player as i like the idea of its ability to be used as a streaming server in unicast & multicast (but most will do this nowadays).
It seems to offer all the right audio and video formats and there are also a lot of cool skins that are available for it!

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Not sure if you've tried Media Player Classic either?

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Video-Players/Media-Player-Classic-for-Win2kXP.shtml

Some other members may have some neat players they can suggest for you to try that are better suited for your iPod though!

Good Luck.

more_horiz
VLC is a piece of holy crap. I can do next to nothing with it, and it won't rip my cds. I need to be able to rip cds, so I can sync them to my iPod. Or else the program turns out to be useless, and a waste of my time. I'm sorry if I seem rude, but that's just what I need.

more_horiz
Ok.... easy on big fella!

Whats wrong with WMP11 then?

more_horiz
I dont actually anything wrong with vlc. It actually support a very wide range of formats.

more_horiz
Try songbird
songbirdnest.com
I think it rips CD's, haven't tried though.

more_horiz
WMP 11 can't read my ipod. So I'm SOL there too. I've tried songbird, and that isn't all that great. It doesn't play my music. I need a program like iTunes, but not iTunes, because Itunes sucks.

more_horiz
I just found a site: 10 Alternatives to iTunes for managing your iPod

http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/07/08/10-alternatives-to-itunes-for-managing-your-ipod/

You might wanna check it out Cheesy Grin (sparkly

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Audio player Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
I found one! Hopefully this isn't crappy like the rest of them.

more_horiz
Which one?

more_horiz
Floola! It's kind of good, but not so much.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum