WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionUnknown virus- search redirecting - Page 2 EmptyRe: Unknown virus- search redirecting

more_horiz
Hello.

• Click Start >> Control Panel.
  • Under the Programs click Uninstall a Program
  • Highlight the following:

Java(TM) 6 Update 3
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 6

• Click on the Uninstall/Change button at the top.

You are running two antivirus', I see from the uninstall list you have Mcafee installed, along with Kaspersky. This is a bad idea as they can conflict and cause more problems. I recommend that one of them is removed.

Which one do you use the most?

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Unknown virus- search redirecting - Page 2 DXwU4
Unknown virus- search redirecting - Page 2 VvYDg

descriptionUnknown virus- search redirecting - Page 2 EmptyRe: Unknown virus- search redirecting

more_horiz
Thanks Belahzur,

I've uninstalled both of the Javas.

I'm planning on using Mcafee, I uninstalled Kaspersky and SUPERAntiSpyware a few days ago but their folders are still in my program folders and won't delete, saying I need permission to perform that action.. I guess there are some processes of them still running but I can't identify them in my processes list so I don't know how to get rid of it or disable it.

more_horiz
Are you sure you uninstalled it? The uninstall log from page 2 still shows it, so it's still there under the uninstall key in the registry; which means it should be on the uninstall list too.

Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Unknown virus- search redirecting - Page 2 DXwU4
Unknown virus- search redirecting - Page 2 VvYDg

more_horiz
I'm not sure why it didn't work.. I uninstalled them both through control panel -> programs and features -> then right clicked it and uninstalled it, it went through successfully and is no longer listed as a program in the uninstall or change a program list.. so I can't think of how else to get rid of it.. if it matters both Kaspersky and SUPERantispyware stopped working after the virus stopped them midway through scan.. so the programs themselves wouldn't open properly after that and just came up with the message saying I need permission to open it like it's saying now with Internet Explorer. I don't have a system restore point where I can go back to when they all worked so I can't think of anything I can do about it, I might try downloading them again and then uninstalling them while they're still working..

more_horiz
Ammy, The malware you got is a New one. It succeeded over most of the Antivirus Engines. Mcafee is one among its Hit list.

I personally recommend Kaspersky when compared with Mcafee. Still its your wish.

And the programs which you get Error message like "permission denied" wont work again. Reinstallaion of those programs is the only way to Fix it.

more_horiz
I've uninstalled Mcafee and freshly installed Kaspersky and IE, the search redirect isn't happening anymore.. thanks again for your help, it's much appreciated Smile...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum