WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Error Starting On Demand Scanner (McAfee)

3 posters

descriptionError Starting On Demand Scanner (McAfee) - Page 2 EmptyRe: Error Starting On Demand Scanner (McAfee)

more_horiz
I'm sure I do somewhere, but I'm in the middle of moving and I believe they're packed! It was doing it for some time and then when I ran one of these scans, it worked normally again. Until the last one, I think. Anyway, that part is minor right now, but thanks!!

As to combofix. It's now disappeared from my desktop again. I'll re-download it and try running it through the start, run menu...

descriptionError Starting On Demand Scanner (McAfee) - Page 2 EmptyRe: Error Starting On Demand Scanner (McAfee)

more_horiz
I re-installed Combofix and did the combofix /u...does that uninstall it? I got a message saying that it is uninstalled. I think the computer is better - other than connecting to the internet, but I'm going to get a new wireless router shortly.

more_horiz
Hello.
No need to download it again. The malware is removed.

If Combofix wont uninstall that way, just delete this folder in bold:

C:\Qoobox

and delete combofix.exe from your Desktop.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Error Starting On Demand Scanner (McAfee) - Page 2 DXwU4
Error Starting On Demand Scanner (McAfee) - Page 2 VvYDg

more_horiz
it's uninstalled...should I periodically be running the malware, or any other program you had me download?

more_horiz
Keep MBAM, it's a good scanner for on demand scanning. Just remember to keep it updated.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Error Starting On Demand Scanner (McAfee) - Page 2 DXwU4
Error Starting On Demand Scanner (McAfee) - Page 2 VvYDg

more_horiz
great! well, thanks so much for all of your help and patience!!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum