WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionOutlook Express stalls on one email EmptyOutlook Express stalls on one email

more_horiz
I love using Microsoft Outlook Express 6, so I don't particularly want to stop using it, but if I have to in order to get around this problem, I will.

I've worked out that I have one particular email that is causing me problems. When I click on it, Outlook stalls. This nasty email is sitting in my inbox doing nothing, and I would delete it if I could, but every time I try to do anything to it Outlook stalls. Then I eventually get the "(Not Responding)" message across the title bar of the program and I have to close it, "This program is not responding" message box, followed by "Do you want to report this error to Microsoft" message box, etc...

I discovered that if I am quick enough at the time Outlook loads, I can click on any other folder (apart from the inbox) and then I can use Outlook as normal. As I mentioned the nasty email is in the inbox. I used this method to get Outlook open so I could use it as normal and then I have since received new emails, so now when Outlook loads it doesn't automatically go to the nasty email. While focused on another email or folder, I can see the nasty email, and right click it, but all attempts to delete it, or move it by right-clicking also make Outlook stall. I've also tried this in Safe Mode.

Any suggestions?

descriptionOutlook Express stalls on one email EmptyRe: Outlook Express stalls on one email

more_horiz
Hello,

Are you able to log into your e-mail account via your web browser and delete it?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Outlook Express stalls on one email Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionOutlook Express stalls on one email EmptyRe: Outlook Express stalls on one email

more_horiz
No, because it's already come thru in Outlook.

more_horiz
Hello,

Try this: Select Tools >> Options >> Maintenance tab>> Store Folder... Button >> Copy the path.

Open Explorer and paste the path in the address bar. See if you can locate the e-mail from there.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Outlook Express stalls on one email Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Cool! Ok, I did that, but the files I get are the folders, not the emails (eg: inbox.dbx, outbox.dbx, etc)

I'm trying something now though... I've backed up the inbox.dbx file, now I will delete it from the original location, and see if this "clears" it.

more_horiz
Yep! it cleared it! Woohoo! Thanks for your help! Big Grin

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum