WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionPersonal Antivirus Program Takes Over Computer EmptyPersonal Antivirus Program Takes Over Computer

more_horiz
My neighbor called me and asked me if I knew how to uninstall Norton's 360. After checking out her computer and talking with her, I found a program called "Personal Antivirus" was installed on her computer that morning which she said she did not download. She was the only one on the computer at that time and she opened an e-mail from someone she knew. She contacted the person she thought sent it and found he knew nothing about it. She was on FaceBook too and thought she got it from that. We believe we pinpointed the culprit in the e-mail she opened to view some pictures that were posted on FaceBook.
I did a search and could only find the shortcut. When I went into her programs in control panel, it doesn't show up but does show up on the list in the start menu. There is an option to uninstall but the link doesn't work and when on the Internet, we were unable to go and stay on a website because of the pop-up screen suggesting you to purchase the program. I tried to choose that option but nothing happens.
There are constant notifications telling you about Trojans and other virus' on the computer and trying to access the computer, in the lower right of the tray along with the icon for the program. There is nothing online she can do at all. I was able to do an update and scan with her Norton's 360 program, but nothing showed up.
What can be done about this? Any help will be greatly appreciated from the Geek Police.

[b][u] Thank You!

descriptionPersonal Antivirus Program Takes Over Computer EmptyRe: Personal Antivirus Program Takes Over Computer

more_horiz
Hello,

Please read this: http://www.geekpolice.net/-t3821.htm

And post your HijackThis log here.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Personal Antivirus Program Takes Over Computer Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum