WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSymantec antivirus must be rebooted EmptySymantec antivirus must be rebooted

more_horiz
Somehow, the "Antivirus System Pro" virus installed itself today on my laptop, and after doing numerous full scans and rebooting all day I now get the message that "Symantec Antivirus must reboot to complete remediation process."

Another thing is that every so often, mozilla opens a window with offers for spyware programs.

I don't believe I have any more viruses, Symantec, Malwarebytes and AdAware report no issues, so I am at a loss.

I dare not ask my IT guys because they will break my fingers to prevent me from downloading anything.

Help!

descriptionSymantec antivirus must be rebooted EmptyRe: Symantec antivirus must be rebooted

more_horiz
Update -
after updating the malwarebytes to the latest release, (which I thought I had done sometime during the ordeal) some more viruses/adware was found. After removing, rebooting, etc. the Symantec error messages stopped popping up.

So it seems my fingers are safe from being broken.

descriptionSymantec antivirus must be rebooted EmptyRe: Symantec antivirus must be rebooted

more_horiz
Please download the current version of HijackThis from HERE

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Symantec antivirus must be rebooted DXwU4
Symantec antivirus must be rebooted VvYDg

descriptionSymantec antivirus must be rebooted Emptyhijack file

more_horiz
Thank you for help!

I have run hijackthis and have a log file. Is there a way I can send it to you privately as I am not comfortable posting this for all eternity on the internet?

A couple of notes:
1. I no longer have the pesky pop-ups re Symantec or offers to buy virus scan software.
2. I have run both adaware and malwarebytes and they report no issues (other than some cookies).
3. I found one suspicious file, \windows\system32\rundll32.exe. Research seems to indicate that this may be a threat and should be removed? Do you concur?

Again, thank your assistance.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum