WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionItunes =/ EmptyItunes =/

more_horiz
Long time since ive been here Smile...

But due to the amazing job you guys did for me last time, i thought id come back Wink

Basically my computer wont detect my ipod at all.

The Ipod isnt new i got it last christmas, its an ipod touch 16gb. It worked up until i rebooted my computer and reinstalled itunes. My ipod still has everything on it but it wont detect with my computer or itunes, i have also logged into my account on itunes successfully.

Ive tried:
1.Turning computer off and then on.
2.Reinstalling itunes.
3.Turning ipod off and then back on.
4.Re-booting ipod by holding the lock and menu buttons together.
5.Tried more than 1 USB port.

I may have missed something ive tried, but if someone mentions it, ill say.

The cable included with my ipod is slightly "worn" but still works as when it is plugged into the mains using a mains adapter it still works, also my brothers cable works on my ipod too to charge it.

Thx for any help in advance Smile...

Also my ipod is not jailbroken or using any third party applications, it is completely normal :p Thank You!

descriptionItunes =/ EmptyRe: Itunes =/

more_horiz
Hello,

Not sure if you tried this, did you connect the iPod directly to the back of the computer?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Itunes =/ Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Ah sorry, probably should have said, im working on a laptop, on windows XP. Sorry bout that, i dont think it cant go directly into the back of my laptop Sad tearing

EDIT: some more info, ive been testing my usb's by running devmgmt.msc and it would appear that when my ipod is plugged into the USB port nothing happens, its plugged in using the Cable provided from apple. However when i plug my mouse into the same USB port it is recognised. So the USB port does work. The cable supplied by apple works aswell because i can charge the ipod using my mains adapter. Also i have tried other cables with no success. Im at a dead end because all seems to be working fine and yet it just wont detect my ipod. Sad tearing there could be an issure with the drivers but it would appear all the necessary ones are there.

EDIT2: I will reinstall iTunes again as the only problem which seems to stand out at the moment is that the drivers could be damaged/corrupt and therefore the ipod wont be detected.

more_horiz
bump, sorry if its not two days my short term memory has got the better of me again >_< and the forum times r messed up for me O_o

more_horiz
Hello,

Unplug your iPodOpen Device Manager and uninstall the iPod driver from there, see if it fixes the problem.

............................................................................................

Itunes =/ Lambo-11

more_horiz
I cant find the ipod drivers within the device managemen Let me think

more_horiz
Hello,

Check under the USB devices.

Itunes =/ Lambo-11

more_horiz
I dont have anything under the USB devices section No way!

EDIT: still cant find the ipod drivers but ive tried uninstalling the USB controllers and drivers and reinstalling Sad tearing still no luck >_<.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum