WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionUSB causes CPU to shut down EmptyUSB causes CPU to shut down

more_horiz
I am using Windows XP, and recently anytime I plug something into one of the USB drives such as an external harddrive, my phone, or iPod it automatically shuts the computer off. When it restarts I can charge the device, do whatever, but it turning off everytime I try to update my iPod, or charge my phone is an issue. Any help?

descriptionUSB causes CPU to shut down EmptyRe: USB causes CPU to shut down

more_horiz
Hello,

Did you try connecting the devices directly to the back of the PC instead of the front? Did you try using other USB ports?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

USB causes CPU to shut down Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Yes, I have tried all usb ports, and I receive the same results regardless of the port. I either have to restart my computer and plug it in as its restarting, or I have to suffer a blue screen and automatic restart every time I plug something into it. This have been a recent phenomenon, say over the past week.

more_horiz
it sounds like its shorting it.

erm..... i am not really sure what to suggest if thats the case.

is it a laptop or PC?

............................................................................................

Main System Spec: Intel Quad Q9550 (OC to 3.4Ghz), Gigabyte Ga-ep45-ud3l, 4gb kingston hyperX @ 1066mhz, Corsair tx 650, Nvidia 8600GT.

USB causes CPU to shut down Siggye

more_horiz
It is a laptop.

more_horiz
please try a Ubuntu Linux Live CD, download it-burn to disc- boot with it and use your usb devices.

If the computer shuts down, than a hardware failure will be possible.

Main System Spec: Intel Quad Q9550 (OC to 3.4Ghz), Gigabyte Ga-ep45-ud3l, 4gb kingston hyperX @ 1066mhz, Corsair tx 650, Nvidia 8600GT.

USB causes CPU to shut down Siggye

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum