WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

The good Antivirus Software Downloads

+20
Jazeon
ljbaker
straycat19
Buttons
AdkWoody
Vendetta
Wtf Clawed
wdw3264
Dr Jay
Darrell dean
yakitatefreak
megmeg09
sk8termad
Biglowz
ThunderBluff
AuroraRange
Doctor Inferno
Sir $wat
Wolflobo
Admin
24 posters

descriptionThe good Antivirus Software Downloads EmptyThe good Antivirus Software Downloads

more_horiz
Here are some links to what i consider are some of the best 'freeware' Antivirus programs around today! ☀

Most of these i have tested personally, and many are also Vista Compliant.

As you all know, an effective Antivirus program is one of our first line of defences against contracting Malware Infections!
If you dont already have an AV, make sure that you secure yourself one of these below.
The programs are light and want hog your system resources like many out there that you even need to pay for Big Grin

Avast Home Edition (Windows All)

http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic (Windows All) Works great with Vista!

The good Antivirus Software Downloads Tmpphp10
http://www.free-av.com/

Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows All)

The good Antivirus Software Downloads Tmpphp10
http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

Enjoy Cheers Mate

Last edited by DragonMaster Jay on 7th October 2010, 5:02 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed AVG.)

descriptionThe good Antivirus Software Downloads EmptyRe: The good Antivirus Software Downloads

more_horiz
thank you i am using kaspersky.. Thank You!

descriptionThe good Antivirus Software Downloads EmptyRe: The good Antivirus Software Downloads

more_horiz
i heard that antivir is the best... is that true?

............................................................................................

The good Antivirus Software Downloads Educat10

more_horiz
There really isn't anything that is "best" But I can say that antivir is one of the best free antiviruses in my point of view.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

The good Antivirus Software Downloads Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
I've using avg till now and no virus(accept u surf pr0n sites) combo-ed with spybot s&d. Good list for computer newbies Thank You!

The good Antivirus Software Downloads MysigROG365x140withmark

more_horiz
AuroraRange wrote:
I've using avg till now and no virus(accept u surf pr0n sites) combo-ed with spybot s&d. Good list for computer newbies Thank You!
alots of people said AVG sucked and not worth, but im guessing they are talking about the errm "free" version of it, im supposing..

The good Antivirus Software Downloads Firenamecopytt4.th

more_horiz
There's not much difference between the free and commercial version except a few features like network drive scanning.

They probably said AVG is no good because it can't disinfect viruses (AVG deletes virus, not disinfect) as efficiently as Kaspersky.

more_horiz
I dled avast home edition 4.. thx.. Cheesy Grin (sparkly

My wish.. Taemos~
I can dream can't I?

The good Antivirus Software Downloads Taeng-10
Credits to crappynco

more_horiz
Doctor Inferno wrote:
There's not much difference between the free and commercial version except a few features like network drive scanning.

They probably said AVG is no good because it can't disinfect viruses (AVG deletes virus, not disinfect) as efficiently as Kaspersky.

AVG is free :hmm:

The good Antivirus Software Downloads MysigROG365x140withmark

more_horiz
eek! i don't like AVG i use avast Cheesy Grin (sparkly

more_horiz
do u recommend me uninstalling Norton 2007 and installing the free version of anitivir?

more_horiz
If you experiencing system slow downs, yes.

more_horiz
I would like to know an unbiased (not saying that any of the opinions already stated were biased) opinion of AVG Free.
Since I've had it I've come into contact with several different stubborn viruses.
I would like to know if I should switch to something else. =P

more_horiz
it's a known fact that AVG detects many false positives.

more_horiz
Alright, but is there any really good free AV's with auto-protect?

more_horiz
megmeg09 wrote:
Alright, but is there any really good free AV's with auto-protect?

I would recommend this:

http://www.free-av.com/

more_horiz
Using Antivir was a breeze. I have the software and it is free, fast, and better than that of things that you buy. I have no problems on Antivir, and it helped my friend delete a virus that had been on their computer.

more_horiz
iam haveing truble removing a 2010 rouge popup it has taken over

more_horiz
Darrell dean:

Please read this over and click here to open a new topic.

more_horiz
Right now, I'm using the anti-virus/anti-malware that comes with System Mechanic Pro 9.5, But no matter what I use, paid or free, I always use Microtrend's Housecalls as a back up for scanning, its also free. It not only scans for viruses, malware, spyware and such, but also does rootkit too which most AV doesn't do. Though it's not an anti-virus program, it is a good virus scanner

more_horiz
Sir $wat wrote:
i heard that antivir is the best... is that true?

Detection System is great

more_horiz
Do you have any recommendations for all the Mac users out there for anti-virus freeware? Now that it seems they (I do have an imac as well as my PC) may have to actually be concerned about viruses, it wold be great to know what to use.

more_horiz
PC Tools iAntivirus:
http://www.iantivirus.com

ClamXav: http://www.clamxav.com/

more_horiz
Thank you so much.\, I will add it this weekend. My daughter loves going to facebook and myspace on my mac, so extra protection is definitely a must.

descriptionThe good Antivirus Software Downloads EmptyTwo at once

more_horiz
I run both Avast and Avira at the same time. The are compatible with each other and what one misses the other will get. I have been running on 4 computers I built and two purchased with no problem. I only recommend that you have a good dual core or better to run it. AVG is full of junk and does NOTHING to keep the computer safe. That was my first free anti virus and had a problem 2 weeks after download. Had to wipe the hd and start from scratch!

more_horiz
AdkWoody wrote:
I run both Avast and Avira at the same time. The are compatible with each other and what one misses the other will get. I have been running on 4 computers I built and two purchased with no problem. I only recommend that you have a good dual core or better to run it. AVG is full of junk and does NOTHING to keep the computer safe. That was my first free anti virus and had a problem 2 weeks after download. Had to wipe the hd and start from scratch!

I don't recommend running more the one antivirus active or not. They can cause system problems like slowdowns, conflicts ect. Please don't recommend running more then one as many av's can detect similar files which would result in a crash.

more_horiz
If you want to know what works and what doesn't then you need to check out AV_TEST.ORG. They evaluate all the products and post their results.

more_horiz
Test results are unreliable.

1. They drop infections in a folder and call it a test.
2. Infections are collected ahead of time and could be non existent in the database at time of test.
3. Settings are often changed for no good reason.
4. Software is often tested in an incorrect category example mbam with av software.

You can't rely on these tests.

more_horiz
How do I get rid of SPYWARE

more_horiz

more_horiz
opm I still consider Panda Cloud Anitvirus the best.

more_horiz
Hey all, Iam using Comodo Internet Security which they are giving free for 1 year, it is a good Anti Virus software. Try at www.comodo.com.

more_horiz
Hi there new to the site but already some good info extracted. Ive got free version of AVG but became infected with the dreaded MS Removal Tool virus which I stupidly paid somebody to get rid of. Any way I have downloaded MS security essential and now thinking of the others mentioned above but am i right in thinking that I shud only have one anti virus programe rather than several ?

descriptionThe good Antivirus Software Downloads EmptyBaudu AV 2013

more_horiz
Has anyone tried, or reviewed, Baidu AV 2013?  Its free and they intend to keep it that way.Honored

more_horiz
Really very nice.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum