WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSystem Security Virus - How to Copy Hijack this Log File - Page 1 EmptyRe: System Security Virus - How to Copy Hijack this Log File

more_horiz
okay - only had one value and I was able to delete it = now should I reboot, because once I closed ice sword nothing else happened.

descriptionSystem Security Virus - How to Copy Hijack this Log File - Page 1 EmptyRe: System Security Virus - How to Copy Hijack this Log File

more_horiz
Noplease do not, now try to run Malwarebytes, make sure its renamed to winlogon.exe.

............................................................................................

While my help is always free, please consider donating to keep this site alive: Donate

System Security Virus - How to Copy Hijack this Log File - Page 1 2wg6fte

more_horiz
Nope....

more_horiz
1. If you are using Firefox, make sure that your download settings are as follows:

* Tools->Options->Main tab
* Set to "Always ask me where to Save the files".

2. During the download, rename Combofix to Combo-Fix as follows:

System Security Virus - How to Copy Hijack this Log File - Page 1 CF_download_FF

System Security Virus - How to Copy Hijack this Log File - Page 1 CF_download_rename

3. It is important you rename Combofix during the download, but not after.
4. Please do not rename Combofix to other names, but only to the one indicated.
5. Close any open browsers.
6. We need to disable your local AV (Anti-virus) before running Combofix.

• See HERE for how to disable your AV.
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe.
  • Follow the prompts. NOTE:
  • Allow combofix to run
  • Post C:\combofix.txt back here.

Note:
    Do not mouse click combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

............................................................................................

While my help is always free, please consider donating to keep this site alive: Donate

more_horiz
before I try this, I am working on a separate computer and copying the files to a stick drive = is this an issue

more_horiz
update...my computer shut down and when I turned it back on it no longer went to that annoying blue screen - it looks "normal" now? I can't imagine, but does this mean it is fixed??

more_horiz
never mind - its back.,,,

more_horiz
no its ok as long as you are getting the data from the infected computer, please run ComboFix.

more_horiz
downloaded both combo fix and spyware doctor. Installed spy doc received error code: unable to register the DDL/OCX RegSvr 32 failed with exit code OxFFFFFFFF - then given chance to abort, ignore retry. Cannot run program (will not open when clicked) neither will the combo fix file

more_horiz
Try to run ComboFix in Safe mode with Networking:

Please do the following in Safe Mode with Networking: as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode with Networking" and press your Enter key.

Note: With some computers if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message. If this occurs, instead of pressing and holding the "F8 key", tap the "F8 key" continuously until you get the startup menu.) Once in the start up menu, select "Safe Mode with Networking", then do the following instructions:

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum