WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionBad image error message,can't run any programs Help?? EmptyBad image error message,can't run any programs Help??

more_horiz
I've got some kind of virus or damage to my computer. After using combo-fix to remove multiple trojans, my computer cannot open anything. I get a million error messages saying bad image and when I click OK a new one comes up. For instance combo-fix.exe says bad image,it tells me that this is not a valid windows file and it ends with telling me to check the installation diskette. I don't know what to do? Please Help??????? I have never seen this. There are endless error messages, they don't stop with all kinds of file names. It always starts with the program that I am trying to open.

descriptionBad image error message,can't run any programs Help?? EmptyRe: Bad image error message,can't run any programs Help??

more_horiz
Hello pealow,

Welcome to Geek Police, my name is Origin and I will be helping you today. Please keep the following in mind:

• If you do not get a reply from me or another helper within 2 days, please reply to your topic with the phrase BUMP
  • If you have any cracked/pirated software in your computer delete them or we will not help you.
  • Only follow advise from Geek Police Staff and not a regular member.
  • Do NOT run any tool without Geek Police supervision as it could hinder your system useless.

Please use the Internet Explorer browser, and do an online scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner

Note: If you have used this particular scanner before, you MAY HAVE TO UNINSTALL the program through Add/Remove Programs before downloading the new ActiveX component

Click Accept, when prompted to download and install the program files and database of malware definitions.

• Click Run at the Security prompt.
  • The program will then begin downloading and installing and will also update the database.
  • Please be patient as this can take several minutes.
  • Once the update is complete, click on My Computer under the green Scan bar to the left to start the scan.
  • Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected. It does not provide an option to clean/disinfect. We only require a report from it.
  • Do NOT be alarmed by what you see in the report. Many of the finds have likely been quarantined.
  • Click View scan report at the bottom.
  • Click the Save as Text button to save the file to your desktop so that you may post it in your next reply.

**Note**

To optimize scanning time and produce a more sensible report for review:

• Close any open programs.
  • Turn off the real-time scanner of all antivirus or antispyware programs while performing the online scan.

Note for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble viewing the accept button of the license, click on the Zoom tool located at the bottom right of the IE window and set the zoom to 75%. Once the license is accepted, reset to 100%.

............................................................................................

While my help is always free, please consider donating to keep this site alive: Donate

Bad image error message,can't run any programs Help?? 2wg6fte

descriptionBad image error message,can't run any programs Help?? EmptyRe: Bad image error message,can't run any programs Help??

more_horiz
Just wanted to update that the scan is running. It's on my son's computer. Will post results when available.

more_horiz
Ok, post the results once finished 😉

............................................................................................

While my help is always free, please consider donating to keep this site alive: Donate

more_horiz
Unfortunately I can't send the logfile to a cd or floppy but this is what it found.
Only 2 infections.

Infected Trojan -Dropper.Win32.Agent.avwg

Infected Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.avwh

more_horiz
Does it says where?

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Bad image error message,can't run any programs Help?? DXwU4
Bad image error message,can't run any programs Help?? VvYDg

more_horiz
Yeah one was in diskcheck and the other in flash.dll.....anyway I was able to download combofix, rename it and get it to run by repeatedly hitting OK on the error messages. I must have done this 100 times, if I didn't click on OK combofix would stop. Combofix identified the bad files and deleted them on an auto reboot, it then completed the scan and deleted a bunch of garbage. The viruses were in the files that were identified in the error message. If I can put the logfile on a cd, I'll post it.

more_horiz
Ok if you can post the log that would be great 😉

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum