WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

System Security Virus (HJT Log Included!)

3 posters

descriptionSystem Security Virus (HJT Log Included!) - Page 2 EmptyRe: System Security Virus (HJT Log Included!)

more_horiz
Alright, thanks a lot! And a restart has not fixed the problem. I was, however, able to log on to Xfire in "Safe Mode with Networking"

Firefox is also crashing frequently.

descriptionSystem Security Virus (HJT Log Included!) - Page 2 EmptyRe: System Security Virus (HJT Log Included!)

more_horiz
I fixed it. Everything was working fine in safe mode, so I just decided to run the virus scanners in safe mode. I ran SmitFraudFix and ComboFix. Not sure if you would like the reports, though.

Thanks for everything! Cheesy Grin (sparkly

more_horiz
Nope, it is happening again!!

more_horiz
System Security is back? or just slowness?

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
System Security Virus (HJT Log Included!) - Page 2 DXwU4
System Security Virus (HJT Log Included!) - Page 2 VvYDg

more_horiz
Slowness.

My computer, My documents, and control panel will not open. I booted up the computer this morning and the options weren't even there! So I had to go to the settings and switch them on, and then they worked fine.

Also, Firefox is freezing often.

But, last night, everything was working fine after I did the scans and about a hour later the My Computer and such wouldn't open up. I have no idea what this is!

more_horiz
Bump.

more_horiz
Hello.
Sorry for the delay.

Just looked through your uninstall list, you have a lot installed. If you don't use some of the software on that list, it would be best to uninstall what you don't use.

The logs look fine, not sure what's causing the slow downs.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
The computer is not too slow. The main problem for me now is just the firefox crashes and the Xfire and AIM freezing upon login.

more_horiz
Hmm.
Try uninstall Spybot for now, see if it's the TeaTimer blocking it.

more_horiz
I already uninstalled that program, but TeaTimer was still running. I believe I deleted the folder from Program Files, though.

The "My Computer" and "My Documents" and such are loading now. I had disabled most everything from Startup and Services.

more_horiz
Don't disable services, some of them are important, for windows updates, etc.
Also, don't turn off the AV from startup, you need that running too for the anvirus to load correctly.

more_horiz
I didn't disable any Microsoft services.

The bold ones are the enabled ones.

Services:
Adobe LM Service
Apple Mobile Device
Bonjour Service
Creative Service for CDROM Access
Diskeeper
FLEXnet Licensing Service
GoToAssist
Google Update Service
InstallDriver Table Manager
Windows CardSpace
Imapi Helper
Iomega App Services
iPod Service
Java Quick Starter
M-Audio Producer USB Installer
NVIDIA Display Driver Service
Microsoft Office Diagnostic Service
Office Source Engine
Pml Driver HPZ12
TVersityMediaServer
Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
Iomega Active Disk

Startup:
NvCpl
ctfmon
WkDetect
DirectCD
ADUserMon
ctfmon
sprtcmd
HPWuSchd2
issch
iTunesHelper
NvCpl
NvMcTray
"nwiz
qttask
SearchSettings
Soccer Pic(2)
Soccer Pic
TeaTimer
jusched
HP Digital Imaging Monitor
HP Image Zone Fast Start

more_horiz
Ok, looks good.
Still not sure why stuff is crashing then.

more_horiz
Do you know anyway I can fix this?

more_horiz
I contacted the Xfire support, and got this message back.

Your error message references the following file:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\TAPI32.dll

Unfortunately this is a different crash than the one that our 'fix' is for.

So, this is the corrupted file. Is there anyway I can fix this?

more_horiz
Uninstall Xfire, then re-install should fix it.

more_horiz
Re-installing did not fix this.

more_horiz
Hmm.
Uninstall it again.

This time, delete it's folder: C:\Program Files\Xfire

more_horiz
Delete folder before or after?

more_horiz
Uninstall it and then delete the folder.

While my help is always free, please consider donating to keep this site alive: Donate

System Security Virus (HJT Log Included!) - Page 2 2wg6fte

more_horiz
Followed the directions, and it still did not work.

more_horiz
Hello are you able to run xfire or it just won't connect?

While my help is always free, please consider donating to keep this site alive: Donate

more_horiz
It loads, but once I enter my Username and Password it crashes.

Although, sometimes it does crash right when I start it up.

more_horiz
Besides that is the system running better?

more_horiz
I suppose so. But I would really like to run Xfire and AIM and the such. Firefox also crashes, but at least there aren't those annoying spyware pop-ups anymore :smile2:

more_horiz
Not sure if we can fix the crashing, because the logs all look fine.
Although, looking back at your history logs here at this forum, if all these logs came from the same machine, then the machine has taken quite a beating. Sad tearing

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum