WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMy laptop just shut off when I was watching a movie on the internet! EmptyMy laptop just shut off when I was watching a movie on the internet!

more_horiz
I was watching a youtube video on my Compaq laptop and about half way through the video the laptop just powered off, there was no windows is shutting down screen or nothing, and now it won't turn back on, it won't even charge at all! Any help will be gratfully appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!! The OS is Windows XP: SP 3

descriptionMy laptop just shut off when I was watching a movie on the internet! EmptyRe: My laptop just shut off when I was watching a movie on the internet!

more_horiz
Hello,

Your motherboard might be fried. Might be caused by over heating, is your laptop placed on a flat surface? Remove the battery, see if you can power it up.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

My laptop just shut off when I was watching a movie on the internet! Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionMy laptop just shut off when I was watching a movie on the internet! EmptyRe: My laptop just shut off when I was watching a movie on the internet!

more_horiz
While the battery is out? Also should I have it plugged in while I try to turn it on?

more_horiz
Yes, try to power up the laptop while the battery is taken out. Plug in the AC cable, as the laptop needs power to be turned on.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
YES!!! Removing the battery worked!!! I don't know how or why, but it worked!!! Once again thank you!!!

more_horiz
No prob. The battery is probably spoiled now. Let me know if you have any more problems.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum