WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows update EmptyWindows update

more_horiz
I tried windows update but get an error message. I did what the message said and still wont work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. Take the following steps to try solving the problem:
Refresh the page.
In Internet Explorer, delete your Temporary Internet Files by going to the Tools menu and clicking Internet Options.
Close and then re-open Internet Explorer.

Internet Explorer (Add-ons Disabled) mode only prevents the use of ActiveX controls, including those used by the Microsoft Update website. To get updates using this browser mode, you need to turn on Automatic Updates on your computer or visit the Windows Update website.

descriptionWindows update EmptyRe: Windows update

more_horiz
Also , Is windows Defender any good? I want to get rid of McAfee because im tired of having to log on to my home comp (im lazy lol)

more_horiz
Hello,

I tried windows update but get an error message.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Security.
2. Click Security Center, and then make sure Automatic updating is turned on. Your computer will update automatically.

Is windows Defender any good?

Windows Defender is fair enough. It's good to have more than one anti-spyware product running.

I want to get rid of McAfee because im tired of having to log on to my home comp

I don't get you here. McAFee makes you log on your computer?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Windows update Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
I got the 3 in one package. anti virus , spamkiller and privacy. So yes I have to log on. I followed the directions to get past that but its still slow to get up and running.

more_horiz
Hello,

I don't use McAFee, so I don't really understand. Do you mean the XP logon screen? The one where you have to key in your username and password?

............................................................................................

Windows update Lambo-11

more_horiz
same thing buts its from McAfee Privacy. It would be good if I had kids or roommates but I don't so its only good to slow down my comp.

more_horiz
There should be an option somewhere in the program settings to disable it. Look around the software.

Windows update Lambo-11

more_horiz
@Is windows Defender any good?

I would recommend Spybot search and destroy

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum