WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSystem Security 2009 - Cant boot up in safe mode EmptySystem Security 2009 - Cant boot up in safe mode

more_horiz
Hi,

wondering if you can assist. I am typing this from another computer as my main computer has an infection called system security. It will not let me open an files, saying they are infected, and for me to activate the system security. My problem will be how to open and run a file on this computer in order to get it to clean the computer? I am not a computer person, so I ask for any instructions to be in basic format. Thanks.

Your assistance is gratefully appreciated.

Hawker

descriptionSystem Security 2009 - Cant boot up in safe mode EmptyRe: System Security 2009 - Cant boot up in safe mode

more_horiz
Please download the current version of HijackThis from HERE

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
System Security 2009 - Cant boot up in safe mode DXwU4
System Security 2009 - Cant boot up in safe mode VvYDg

descriptionSystem Security 2009 - Cant boot up in safe mode EmptyAnd the plot thickens!! :)

more_horiz
Hi,

Thanks for the help so far. However, I cannot even boot up the computer as it stays at the 'windows xp' screen, even if left over night. Can I download the hijack program on another computer, and save to usb/ CD and then boot up the infected computer via this drive? If so, can you let me know how to change the boot up sequence?

Many thanks.

Hawker.

descriptionSystem Security 2009 - Cant boot up in safe mode EmptyRe: System Security 2009 - Cant boot up in safe mode

more_horiz
We could try a boot to a linux disc. More specifically, a rescue disc.

Please download this file: Avira Rescue Disc

1. Insert a black CD into your CD draw.
  2. Double click the rescuecd.exe file on your Desktop.
  3. Hit the "Burn CD" button and allow it to burn, it shouldn't take too long.
  4. Next, reboot your computer, keep the CD inside the draw.
  5. Your computer should boot from the CD and boot to the Avira rescue disc.
  6. Next, see this guide here: How to use the boot disc

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
System Security 2009 - Cant boot up in safe mode DXwU4
System Security 2009 - Cant boot up in safe mode VvYDg

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum