WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAnother WinBluSoft Victim... EmptyAnother WinBluSoft Victim...

more_horiz
Hey guys/gals, somehow this WinBluSoft virus has infected my desktop. I think it was attached to a torrent I downloaded but I have no idea... I took my computer to a repair shop and they wanted $279 to fix the thing which is WAYYYY more than I can afford right now so any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I cant open up pretty much any programs, the task manager wont open, and I cant connect to the internet. This damn thing has completely taken over my computer! It also shuts down my computer in about 5 minutes so I dont have enough time to open up a virus scan (I dont think I can open the programs anyways).

Can anyone here help? I've read a few of the posts and it sounds like I need to download this HijackThis program. The problem is I cant connect to the internet on the infected computer so can I download the program to a CD on my work computer and then try and install it on my infected computer? I have a feeling it wont let me install the damn thing, but I dont know what else to do... Please help!!! Thanks thanks thanks!!

descriptionAnother WinBluSoft Victim... EmptyRe: Another WinBluSoft Victim...

more_horiz
If you can't connect to the internet you are going to have to be using a CD or USB drive to install files to the infected computer, please do the following:

Please download Ice Sword from HERE

1. Download the zip to your desktop and extract it.
  2. Open the Ice Sword folder and then launch IceSword.exe.
  3. Then look in the left hand bottom of the program and press "Registry"
  4. When the registry list opens, drag the line between the two windows so you can see which registry hive you need.
  5. Next, open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

6. Now look in the right side pane for two run values that are just random numbers.
  7. Once you have found the value(s), right click it and press "Delete"
  8. Okay the prompt and close IceSword.

**If you are unable to open the zipped file, download IceSword from here:

............................................................................................

While my help is always free, please consider donating to keep this site alive: Donate

Another WinBluSoft Victim... 2wg6fte

more_horiz
I'll do this and post in a few hours when I get home from work... Thanks!

more_horiz
OK so now it looks like I have a bigger problem... I got my desktop back to my place, plugged it in, and it started up, went to windows and my desktop had a red background and then it immediately restarted itself. It did this a few times and then stopped at the Safe mode or normal mode page and it says

"Windows could not start because the follow file is missing or corrupt"

\Windows\system32\config\system

Am i totally F-ed now?? I dont get it, nothing changed other than that I unplugged it and took it to my local repair shop this morning. They plugged it in and the typical "Warning" winblusoft background came on, but now I cant even get windows to load. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Could it be the heat from leaving it in the back of my car for 8+ hrs? It only got to like 92 today... Any ideas thoughts or should I roof test the damn thing?

more_horiz
Yes, unfortunatley...Sad tearing

Your system needs that file to boot and it's damaged or deleted by the malware, and we can't fix it. You'll need to format and re-install.

Instructions how to format and reinstall Windows can be found Here

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Another WinBluSoft Victim... DXwU4
Another WinBluSoft Victim... VvYDg

more_horiz
I dont have my photos & music backed up, is there a way someone can save those files?? Looks like I am actually going to have to spend the $300... F#$K!!!!!!!!!!!!

more_horiz
The problem with Malware nowadays is that it is very difficult to deal with and in your case it has removed a crucial system file. Unfortunately there is no way to safe your file if you can't boot in either safe mode or normal mode.

While my help is always free, please consider donating to keep this site alive: Donate

Another WinBluSoft Victim... 2wg6fte

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum