WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows XP Home startup services EmptyWindows XP Home startup services

more_horiz
Hello,
I just got through upgrading the memory on my friend's PC to get it to run a little faster. It seems to be doing better but it is still slow on startup. It gets to the point where the Windows XP startup screen is up and it hangs there for what seems a very long time before going to the login screen. I viewed the MSCONFIG startup but there is really not alot there that is checked to automatically startup. I followed alot of steps I found online, adjusting settings, disabling certain things but that startup time really isn't getting better. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to speed up the startup time? The computer is running with 1 gig of memory. Thanks!

descriptionWindows XP Home startup services EmptyRe: Windows XP Home startup services

more_horiz
Hello,

Usually when you install too many softwares over time the computer will start to loose it's speed. One solution to this I like personally is to do a clean install of Windows, but this may not be the best of solutions for most people. You could also uninstall softwares you do not need.

Perhaps you can post me a HijackThis log and I can help you see which startup items are not needed.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Windows XP Home startup services Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum