WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionOk I need help EmptyOk I need help

more_horiz
So my church is having a garage sale. And someone donated a HP Pavilion 7850 that ran Windows ME. The person who had it, started to install Windows XP but didn't finish installing.

So now when the computer starts it goes to the Windows XP Installation page and says "Please insert Pack 2 CD to continue installation"

Is there a way to get to remove the installation of Windows XP so it's just Windows ME on the computer?

I can do that in DOS Mode right?

Also, an IBM ThinkCentre was donated. I got it to run, but it just goes to a black screen after it boots up.

It also runs Windows XP.

............................................................................................

"Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon."

descriptionOk I need help EmptyRe: Ok I need help

more_horiz
The HP computer which you attempted to install XP might have been formatted, it depends which part of the installation you have gone to. If you have formatted it already, you can't get Windows ME back unless you have the CD.

As for the IBM PC, could it be that the display is spoiled?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Ok I need help Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
It's at the "Install Windows" stage. The person who started to install it didn't finish the process :/

There are HP recovery discs at our church I didn't know if that would help or not. I put them in but I don't know how to get to where I can run them.

I'm not sure about the IBM one. I can move the mouse around the screen just fine. So the screen works... but nothing shows up :/

"Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon."

more_horiz
Its worth if you have access to a cd burner to try both with a linux live cd.
The one I'd suggest is mepis (google it), with a linux live cd the whole operating system runs from cd including the drivers.
Best of all most linux cd's are totally free to download and use. Hooray!

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning grey,

and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on
my face.
So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their
hair could turn silver.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum