WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionUSB-connected flash drives, ipod goes to Location 0 EmptyUSB-connected flash drives, ipod goes to Location 0

more_horiz
Basically what the title says: whenever I plug in a flash drive or my iPod, it shows up in Safely Remove Hardware, but not in My Computer. I can't update my iPod or upload pictures from my memory card, and this is a huge inconvenience.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? Thank you in advance!

descriptionUSB-connected flash drives, ipod goes to Location 0 EmptyRe: USB-connected flash drives, ipod goes to Location 0

more_horiz
Hello,

Make sure that your iPod is not connected to the front of the PC or through a USB hub. Connect it directly to the back of the computer. Also try using a different USB port.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

USB-connected flash drives, ipod goes to Location 0 Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionUSB-connected flash drives, ipod goes to Location 0 EmptyRe: USB-connected flash drives, ipod goes to Location 0

more_horiz
They are not. Everything is connected to the back of my computer, and I've switched up the USB ports multiple times.

more_horiz
Hello,

I think the firmware in your iPod is corrupted for some reason, you will have to send it to Apple to repair it.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
The problem isn't only happening with my iPod. I happens when I plug in flash drives as well, and also when I connect a memory card to my computer via my printer (it still prints things, but my memory card doesn't get read).

more_horiz
Hello, try this:

With the drive plugged in, go to Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> Computer Management, on the left, Disk Management and activate the drive.

Also take a look at this article and try the fix: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314634

more_horiz
Hello!
I have no idea why, but they all started suddenly working without me doing anything.

I randomly plugged in my iPod (to charge it) and wasn't expecting it to update on iTunes, but, well, it did.
Flash drives work too.

Thanks for you help!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum