WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedSpora ransomware

more_horiz
Police Have a spora ransomeware on one of my computers, just ignore it, switch off chrome and restart and it is gone until next I use my laptop. Have no idea how to permanently erase. Do nothing fiscal on this laptop.

descriptionSolvedRe: Spora ransomware

more_horiz
Hello and welcome to GeekPolice.Net My name is Dave. I will be helping you out with your particular problem on your computer. 

1. I will be working on your Malware issues. This may or may not solve other issues you have with your machine.
2. The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
3. If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to ask.
4. Please DO NOT run any other tools or scans while I am helping you.
5. It is important that you reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
6. Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
7. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.

Last edited by Dr Jay on 29th June 2018, 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed tools advice, due to new advice given below for the protection of our users.)

more_horiz
Hello there,

It is my pleasure as Head Administrator and Lead Security Administrator to welcome you back to our site here. My apologies for stepping in; however, at this point, there is currently no ability to decrypt Spora ransomware.

See more information here. We do apologize we're unable to provide you the answer you are searching for, and you will probably dislike my recommendation next, which I don't like doing, but if you want your files back...

Only reliable technique is to just pay the ransomware author for unlocking:
Find the *.KEY file, go to the website (probably

Code:

spora.bz
), upload your key and create an account, transfer funds into a Bitcoin account, and use the Bitcoin account funds to pay for your files to be unlocked. This is the current only method prescribed by security experts in our field.

Once again, welcome back and thanks. Once you acknowledge this notice, you may ask more questions or I can close this post to anyone else to avoid confusion. Roger that

more_horiz
[adm]To avoid further confusion, we will be marking this solved. If there is anymore discussion needed, please start a new topic.[/adm]

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum