WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Help with audio on laptop

2 posters

descriptionHelp with audio on laptop - Page 3 EmptyRe: Help with audio on laptop

more_horiz
Sorry about the delay.

Help with audio on laptop - Page 3 UetoYrO

Help with audio on laptop - Page 3 JX80KeN

descriptionHelp with audio on laptop - Page 3 EmptyRe: Help with audio on laptop

more_horiz
Hi @bayside

You are using 64-bit version of Windows 10, its not the audio driver causing the problem its the malfunctioning audio card causing the problem. Let's reset the BIOS settings to its factory default settings and try reinstalling audio driver again and if it fails to install again then you have no choice but to contact the Asus technical service.

Restart your laptop and soon as it powers back on press F12 key during the post.

Use the directional keys Help with audio on laptop - Page 3 I4gISAn to select Save & Exit tab, select Restore Defaults option and press Enter key. After resetting the BIOS to its factory default settings save the changes and exit BIOS.

Help with audio on laptop - Page 3 4zSbM0H  

Try installing the audio driver again also try installing below driver if both fails to install then you will have to contact Asus technical service.

http://12244.wpc.azureedge.net/8012244/drivers/rtdrivers/pc/audio/0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282.exe

more_horiz
As soon as it turns on, I hit the F12 key. However it just continues to the login screen. This has been such a pain in the a$$, I'm sure for you too.   Help with audio on laptop - Page 3 1f611

more_horiz
Thanks @bayside, i'm use to dealing with worst so you can say i'm use to it.

When i was reading your laptop manual there is a guide there for accessing BIOS setup and the guide said press F12 key to access BIOS setup. Try F2 key also some computers soon as its power on will display a manufacturer logo alone with which key to press to access BIOS setup.

more_horiz
How is everything progressing, do you need more assistant on this issue?

more_horiz
I tried pressing both, and nothing. I gotta concentrate on my work for now.

more_horiz
When you free try installing below driver if it fails as well then please contact Asus technical service.

http://12244.wpc.azureedge.net/8012244/drivers/rtdrivers/pc/audio/0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282.exe

more_horiz
Yep, failed. How damn annyoing. Thanks for the effort anyways.

more_horiz
Sorry there's no way for me to guide you to repair failed hardware.

You are very welcome!

more_horiz
If I wiped the entire computer, and put it back to factory settings, would that change anything?

more_horiz
No it will not repair failed audio controller this is a hardware issue not a software we all ready tried installing correct driver but driver does not detect the audio controller so it looks like its not working any longer.

more_horiz
There are external audio cards you can purchase.

https://www.bestproducts.com/tech/gadgets/g1422/external-sound-cards-for-pc-or-mac/

more_horiz
would a 10 dollar one work?

more_horiz
Below audio card will work with Windows, please read the comments at below link.

https://www.amazon.com/TeckNet-Aluminum-External-Adapter-Windows/dp/B014DNVUG2

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum