Google Wave has developers buzzing Google10
The support of developers at Google I/O could make or break Google Wave, and the early returns are positive.

When developers are comparing your new product to the unveiling of the iPhone, you know you've probably got something on your hands.

Such was the reaction at Google I/O in the hours following Google's first demonstration of Google Wave, a bid to redefine the way people communicate on the Internet by blending e-mail, instant messaging, file sharing, and collaboration software into one service. Following a session in which developers were given a peek under the hood at the technology and what it might let them do, several were quite impressed and already pondering what Google Wave would allow them to create.

"I haven't been this jazzed since the release of the iPhone," said Michael Rexroad, a software engineer with Cisco's telepresence systems business unit. He was referring to the way ideas immediately sprung to mind Thursday morning regarding how to use the technology demonstrated Thursday to create new types of applications, much the same way Apple's first public demonstration of the iPhone in January 2007 inspired a generation of software developers.

More: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10251514-2.html?tag=nl.e703