Johnny
rsolo89
skinnylegwoman
cookies123
b-girl13
ihatevirus
Doctor Inferno
183 posters

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus System PRO [Removal Guide] - Page 5 EmptyRe: How to Remove Antivirus System PRO [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
You guys are awesome. My boy called me to the computer and swore he was just trying to log into his myspace (I'm guessing a faux login page?) (he was stuck with the antivirus system pro pest) and after trying to figure it out myself in the registry and all and deciding I didn't want to pork the pooch on something necessary, I downloaded the malware program you suggested, and it did everything you said it would, yet didn't mess with the keylogger I have on there for parental reasons like other malware finder programs always do.
You guys are a blessing. Maybe in heaven we won't be worrying about any hackers making this junk to infect machines, but you guys help make a little heaven on earth. Thanks so much for your help. And folks say you don't get anything good for free. Thanks, and may God SHOWER His blessings on you guys and bless your endeavors.

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus System PRO [Removal Guide] - Page 5 EmptyRe: How to Remove Antivirus System PRO [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
hey thank you guys soooo much for this! this is actually a lifesaver.

don't know if this is normal though, after i use the program my computer is fine for a couple says to a couple weeks but then the popups start coming again so i do the scan and 10 minutes later everything is fine again. but is it normal for the spyware to keep coming back?

more_horiz
b_illa wrote:
hey thank you guys soooo much for this! this is actually a lifesaver.

don't know if this is normal though, after i use the program my computer is fine for a couple says to a couple weeks but then the popups start coming again so i do the scan and 10 minutes later everything is fine again. but is it normal for the spyware to keep coming back?

It shouldn't come back. It will if you keep visiting the site you got it from.

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus System PRO [Removal Guide] - Page 5 EmptyThanks, "but"

more_horiz
Thanks so much for this Guide. It worked and i think I'm safe now.

However, I'm wondering why my Adaware and McAfee (which I'm already paying for) didn't pick up on this and protect me from it? It's all over the Net now, it seems. Anyone know what happened?

Regards,
PG

more_horiz
The reason why your Anti spyware and anti-virus programs didn't catch it is because this type of virus installs in your system without even being detected so your security programs didn't even know it was there. This could have installed in your system by you visiting a malicious website, you downloaded an infected file that made it install itself or you were simply looking for a free anti virus and downloaded this rogue by mistake. Also, I wouldn't recommend using Adaware and McAfee as they don't offer as good protection as the following, you are better off using Avira Anti-Virus free edition and sticking with Malwarebytes as your anti spyware.

more_horiz
Origin wrote:
The reason why your Anti spyware and anti-virus programs didn't catch it is because this type of virus installs in your system without even being detected so your security programs didn't even know it was there. This could have installed in your system by you visiting a malicious website, you downloaded an infected file that made it install itself or you were simply looking for a free anti virus and downloaded this rogue by mistake. Also, I wouldn't recommend using Adaware and McAfee as they don't offer as good protection as the following, you are better off using Avira Anti-Virus free edition and sticking with Malwarebytes as your anti spyware.

Thank you Geek Police. I'd be lost without this help. This virus is all over the Net and I fear a lot of Average Users are really getting screwed up over this. Thanks for the replacement advise too.

more_horiz
Thanks a ton for helping me get rid of this. I followed the guide, and it got rid of the malware. However, I still have a small probelm. I rebooted my computer like it prompted me to, and now whenever I try and open my browsers, all I get is a white screen. What's going on here, why aren't my browsers working?

more_horiz
OH MY GOSH!!!!
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! Hooray!

I could not get that thing off for the life of me!
I tried everything and then I found your site and it WORKED!
I had to make a account so I could thank you! I am going to
refer all my friends to this site. I cant thank you enough haha Open Grin

-Brandy

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus System PRO [Removal Guide] - Page 5 EmptyUninstalling McAfee

more_horiz
It appears that McAfee was compromised as a result of the Antivirus Systems PRO virus, as it will not properly display due to (Active X Controls - not sure what this means). From the control panel, when I tried to remove McAfee it would allow me to do so. I've followed your directions, but the computer is still working very slowly. Is the McAfee program an indication of further issues? Any thoughts? Please let me know if you need more information. Thank you for your help.

more_horiz
I use McAfee and it didnt affect my computer at all
my comp runs fine and fast again

more_horiz
Howdy, I'm new to the forum, but I, too, have used and had great results with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I had a phony AV program called Rapid Anti-virus load itself onto my computer by pretending to be a music driver, then it wanted to access the internet to "phone home." I brought up my task manager and looked for the program that was trying to call out and shut it off manually. Then I downloaded MBAM, and shut off system restore. The reason for shutting down system restore was to prevent Windows from recreating the phony program once I started the computer back up. I ran MBAM and it found the entire phony anti-virus program in a matter of minutes and removed it completely. Now whenever anyone asks which program I use I automatically say MBAM. I tried Uniblue's programs and had the worse time with them. I ran the registry checker and it wanted to remove all my music files, my jpegs, etc as junk. Luckily it only sent them to the recycle bin so I was able to recover them easily. I wrote Uniblue and told them that their program was no good and that I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I can't see how they can claim to be a "MICROSOFT CERTIFIED GOLD PARTNER." when their programs do more damage than good to the OS.
Regards,
Logan2057

more_horiz
I was literally panicing last night not knowing what to do and then I found this. The annoying thing was gone in just 10 minutes, i could not believe it. It cost me 10 years off my life haha. thank you so much!

more_horiz
Ok... I TRIED to follow the steps but, "Antivirus System Pro" blocked it from even running after the install =/

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus System PRO [Removal Guide] - Page 5 EmptyMSN won't work now. Help!

more_horiz
This program worked to remove the virus. However, I'm having trouble opening up Windows programs such as MSN. IE works just fine, but Windows Live Messenger gives me an error about thirty seconds after successful login. This hadn't happened before the virus, and I thought that by removing it, it would start working again.

I reinstalled MSN and reinstalled IE. It still hasn't done anything. I need help as soon as possible. Why isn't it working and what can I do to have it work? it says the problem is in wlcomm.exe.

Help!

Last edited by mgontaruk on 7th July 2009, 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed more detail)

more_horiz
Hi, Cryllio;
Go to your task manager and open it up. Look for Antivirus System Pro.exe there and hi-light it and hit end task. That will shut it off and allow Malwarebytes to remove it. Also remember to shut off your system restore as well or the bloody thing will be reproduced when you start your computer back up.
Logan2057

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum