WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSpeed Test: Windows 7 May Not Be Much Faster Than Vista EmptySpeed Test: Windows 7 May Not Be Much Faster Than Vista

more_horiz
Improving performance is one of Microsoft's design goals with Windows 7, and many early reviewers (including ours) have said that the new OS seems peppier than Vista. But tests of the Windows 7 Release Candidate in our PC World Test Center found that while Windows 7 was slightly faster on our WorldBench 6 suite, the differences may be barely noticeable to users.

We loaded the Windows 7 Release Candidate on three systems (two desktops and a laptop) and then ran our WorldBench 6 suite. Afterward we compared the results with the WorldBench 6 numbers from the same three systems running Windows Vista...

More Info: http://www.pcworld.com/article/164485/

descriptionSpeed Test: Windows 7 May Not Be Much Faster Than Vista EmptyRe: Speed Test: Windows 7 May Not Be Much Faster Than Vista

more_horiz
I still find the startup time a whole lot faster. My Windows 7 takes about 30 seconds to boot up, whereas Vista takes over a minute.

descriptionSpeed Test: Windows 7 May Not Be Much Faster Than Vista EmptyRe: Speed Test: Windows 7 May Not Be Much Faster Than Vista

more_horiz
Doctor Inferno wrote:
I still find the startup time a whole lot faster. My Windows 7 takes about 30 seconds to boot up, whereas Vista takes over a minute.

Its because Microsoft learnt a lesson from vista and removed all the useless features what slows down boot speed. However, if Microsoft have already decided that Windows 7 will be the next XP, hotfixs and optimizations will soon be work on after the release. All things cant be judged now with the release candidate copy of windows 7, not till end of this year.

more_horiz
not sure whether i should try win 7 Let me think

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum