WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedWireless PCI Adapter Problem

more_horiz
Hey GP,
I have had a network problem. I even replaced the PCI Adapters, but still the same. I even tried uninstalling/reinstalling the adapter, no result. I tried installing the adapter from the CD that came with it, and even tried to update through Device Manager.

Please see the image below for more details.

Wireless PCI Adapter Problem X3wp

Thanks

descriptionSolvedRe: Wireless PCI Adapter Problem

more_horiz
Hello,

In Device Manager, expand Network adapters, Uninstall each network adapter that is listed in Device Manager.

In msconfig, go to the General tab >> Diagnostic Startup >> Select load basic devices and services only.

On the Services tab, and then click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box. In the Services list, clear each of the services check boxes, apply changes and Restart your computer.

Open Regedit >> click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Export the key to the desktop (save it as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE).

Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services, and look for registry entries specific to your network adapter.

For example, if you have a Linksys network adapter, look for entries named Linksys. When you find an entry, Delete it. Close registry editor

Msconfig >> Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services. In the Services tab, and then click to select each service check box. Restart the computer.

Windows XP will detect your network adapter and install the correct driver files.

Msconfig >> Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services. On Services tab, check Hide All Microsoft Services.

In the Services list, click to select each of the services check boxes, and then click OK. Restart your computer several times to make sure that all devices and services are loading correctly.

When you are sure that all devices are working correctly, right-click the following registry entry on your desktop, click Delete, and then click Yes to confirm: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

more_horiz
I can't open msconfig because it says that Windows cannot find it.

more_horiz
Master wrote:
I can't open msconfig because it says that Windows cannot find it.

Start menu > Run > Msconfig

more_horiz
Hello,

Try running :

C:\WINNT\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe

or

C:\Windows\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe

If you need to use msconfig directly update the registry key below :

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths

more_horiz
I used Perfect Uninstaller before you instructed me and it cleaned all registry and removed all left over files.

Nothing new, please find me another solution ASAP.
Thanks

more_horiz
Thanks for your attempt, but I have fixed the problem on my own.

Thanks again!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum