WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Loss of External Harddrive

4 posters

descriptionSolvedRe: Loss of External Harddrive

more_horiz
Well windows 7 has only been released in beta stage... kinda hard to get the key too... i'm kinda curious about eset so I would go for that but it's not many swedish stores that sells it..

this may sound stupid but what's the actual difference between an antivirus software and internet security?

more_horiz
Internet security provides multiple security solutions like Firewall, Antispyware, Antivirus, Anti Phishing etc.

An antivirus, simply protects you from viruses and online threats.

more_horiz
Its easy to get windows 7 beta key, just sign up a live email account and go to microsoft website to get your key. Or else u can find those public keys around the websites.(legal key given by microsoft for beta uses)

more_horiz
Doctor Inferno wrote:
Internet security provides multiple security solutions like Firewall, Antispyware, Antivirus, Anti Phishing etc.

You think it's necessary to have both or is antivirus enough?

AuroraRange wrote:
Its easy to get windows 7 beta key, just sign up a live email account and go to microsoft website to get your key. Or else u can find those public keys around the websites.(legal key given by microsoft for beta uses)
They won't allow you to download anymore keys :/

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
Doctor Inferno wrote:

You think it's necessary to have both or is antivirus enough?

It's enough as long as you have 1 antivirus, 1 firewall, 1 antispyware. Do not have more than one of those if not they will cause conflict and problems to your system. As for the Windows 7 Keys, wait till 5th May, MS is releasing the RC.

more_horiz
Obtain your key here Cheesy Grin (sparkly
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dd353205.aspx

This is what you will see :

Windows 7 Beta 64-bit Product Key

You may use the following product key to activate your evaluation copy of Windows 7 Beta 64-bit.

Product key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Please print this page for your records.

We're sorry, but downloads are no longer available. Here are the Installation Instructions, Release Notes, and FAQ.

NOTICE ABOUT THE H.264/AVC VISUAL STANDARD. This software includes H.264/MPEG-4 AVC visual compression technology. MPEG LA, L.L.C. requires this notice:
THIS PRODUCT IS LICENSED UNDER THE AVC PATENT PORTFOLIO LICENSE FOR THE PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE OF A CONSUMER TO (i) ENCODE VIDEO IN COMPLIANCE WITH AVC STANDARD (“AVC VIDEO”) AND/OR (ii) DECODE AVC VIDEO THAT WAS ENCODED BY A CONSUMER ENGAGED IN A PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERICAL ACTIVITY AND/OR WAS OBTAINED FROM A VIDEO PROVIDER LICENSED TO PROVIDE AVC VIDEO. NO LICENSE IS GRANTED OR SHALL BE IMPLIED FOR ANY OTHER USE. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM MPEG LA, L.L.C SEE HTTP://WWW.MPEGLA.COM

more_horiz
Is norton 2009 faster than the previous versions? Also, what's the difference between 2009 and 360?

I heard that you needed vista to install windows 7 at the moment... is vista really that bad?

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
Is norton 2009 faster than the previous versions? Also, what's the difference between 2009 and 360?

I heard that you needed vista to install windows 7 at the moment... is vista really that bad?

U dont need to download vista to use windows 7, u can torrent it now because Microsoft removed the download from its website.

Norton 360 - internet security
Norton Antivirus 2009 - Anti-Virus

Why use norton if there are much better software out there?

more_horiz
which harddrive is the best one?

Western Digital Caviar®️ Black™️ 500GB
eSata 3 Gb/s, 32MB Cache, 7200RPM

WD Caviar GP WD5000AACS 500GB
SATA-300 / GreenPower / 16MB

more_horiz
AuroraRange wrote:
InsanityVonMike wrote:

U dont need to download vista to use windows 7, u can torrent it now because Microsoft removed the download from its website.

Norton 360 - internet security
Norton Antivirus 2009 - Anti-Virus

Why use norton if there are much better software out there?

such as nod32?

more_horiz
Yep

more_horiz
When the time expires, how much will it cost to upgrade nod32?

EDIT: Please answer my previous question about harddrives too Smile...
And did you mean to download the OS through piracy? Isn't that kinda risky (not to get caught but the risk that it won't work proper)

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
When the time expires, how much will it cost to upgrade nod32?

EDIT: Please answer my previous question about harddrives too Smile...
And did you mean to download the OS through piracy? Isn't that kinda risky (not to get caught but the risk that it won't work proper)

Its not illegal to torrent windows, it illegal to use illegal keys.

Western Digital Caviar®️ Black™️ 500GB
eSata 3 Gb/s, 32MB Cache, 7200RPM is better(higher cache) but notice it uses Esata which is for external HD uses.

more_horiz
Yeah I know it uses higher cache but I thought that wouldn't matter since the other one is greenpower... but how can an intern harddrive be external?

EDIT: and i have no idea where to get a vista/windows 7 key..

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
Yeah I know it uses higher cache but I thought that wouldn't matter since the other one is greenpower... but how can an intern harddrive be external?

EDIT: and i have no idea where to get a vista/windows 7 key..

Windows 7 key is here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dd353205.aspx

ESATA is SATA which is used connected to outside of your case through an ESATA port, external uses.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum