WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedVideo discoloration and full screen problem in Windows Media

more_horiz
I'm not too sure why I'm getting this, I never recalled getting this before. I just reinstalled windows and got my device drivers up to date and updated windows XP SP3 with everything up to date.

I installed klite codec pack.

I just downloaded some wmv files just to get ready to watch something and I notice all this strange discoloration using WMP 9 and WMP 6.4, I can't explain why that is. When I looked it up, there's some threads that talk about having to turn off video acceleration. I tried to do that and that ended up working for some files, but not all of them.

On top of that, for some reason when you turn off video acceleration, there's a problem where I can't full screen the video file at all, when I try to doing the alt+enter, it comes out as a blank screen and then pops back as a normal nonfullscreen window.

I can't understand why this is happening. Can someone help me troubleshoot?

Video discoloration and full screen problem in Windows Media Discolor

descriptionSolvedRe: Video discoloration and full screen problem in Windows Media

more_horiz
Get VLC player from, no codecs needed.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Last edited by Doctor Inferno on 19th April 2009, 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionSolvedRe: Video discoloration and full screen problem in Windows Media

more_horiz
I understand. That's an alternative to using WMP, but why is it that WMP is causing that? That's what I don't understand. I can imagine millions of people use WMP and I don't see this as a complaint frequently when I look for troubleshooting issues.

Could you help determine or explain the cause?

more_horiz
mike69 wrote:
I understand. That's an alternative to using WMP, but why is it that WMP is causing that? That's what I don't understand. I can imagine millions of people use WMP and I don't see this as a complaint frequently when I look for troubleshooting issues.

Could you help determine or explain the cause?

Simple answer: It's made by Microsoft. LMBO or ROFL Probably has a few bugs it they won't work until there's a security threat of it.

VLC is better, you can make the video wide screen instead of full.

more_horiz
Yeah I can switch to another media player. That's not really a problem. I just found it strange that this happened to me on WMP 9. I would think that if this is a common problem, there would be millions of complaints everywhere, but I only see a couple around online, and I've tried their solutions, which don't work.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum