WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedehhernet drivers

more_horiz
Hi I have a kt400a-8237 mainboard (via technologies) and chipset model = via vt8377 apollo kt400/a/600 cpu to pci bridge with phoenix technologies ltd 6.00 pg BIOS, its an old pc that im borrowing until my own one is repaired or replaced, and being an old one and built as a budget pc it has an amd duron 802mhz cpu but at least now has a gig and a half of ram since I added some of my own ddr stuff out of my one. Ive reinstalled windows on a new hdd ive put in but cannot access the net atm and I think this is because there are no ethernet drivers. Ive been into the hardware info (control panel>system>hardware>device manager) and there is no mention of ethernet in there and no yellow question marks next to anything in there either. Ive looked on the net via my mrs netbook and downloaded some via driver package that is for this model of mobo etc butit doesnt contain any ethernet drivers.....PLEASE GIMME A LINK TO THE CORRECT DRIVERS Wink

descriptionSolvedRe: ehhernet drivers

more_horiz
or advice would be just as appreciated Wink thanks in advance!

more_horiz
anyone help me please?

more_horiz
I would suggest you strongly consider checking your BIOS to make sure the Ethernet device is not disabled.

Other suggestion for your consideration is maybe the Ethernet port is dead on your motherboard, if that is the case then you might consider getting an PCI Network card such as one like this Dlink 530TX.

more_horiz
thanks for getting back to me, i'll have a look Wink

more_horiz
If you have a bad ethernet card, I have a spare that I can ship to you. Just let me know; By the way I do accept private messages.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum