WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

post virut infection from external hdd on another pc, need your inspection

2 posters

descriptionpost virut infection from external hdd on another pc, need your inspection - Page 2 EmptyRe: post virut infection from external hdd on another pc, need your inspection

more_horiz
No need for Combofix.
Let me know how it goes.

descriptionpost virut infection from external hdd on another pc, need your inspection - Page 2 EmptyRe: post virut infection from external hdd on another pc, need your inspection

more_horiz
quick question. I'm on the pc since I just enabled the network connection, however, in doing so, my norton endpoint protection kept popping up this and IExplorer.exe

[img]post virut infection from external hdd on another pc, need your inspection - Page 2 Untitl25[/img]

I just had to switch over to using firefox browser becauase my Internet Explorer was being very slow, even when trying to reply to this.

Is this anything to be suscipious of?

more_horiz
I'm aware there was a Windows update issued today, and I've seen a few logs with ntoskrnl being in the modified list, it's probably the update.

You shouldn't use Internet Explorer anyway, Firefox is much better + with a few add-ons.

more_horiz
1) isn't it strange through that through the same pc, the internet explorer was slow to no response for web connection but firefox was?

2) and norton said both that and the windows kernel had changed since last access. ???

Well, right now I'm scanning on kaspersky online scanner, I have to wait a couple of hours. I was wondering, do you know how to make these things scan your external hdd? It seems to only scan your computer.

Also, do you know what the difference is for that program between a "critical scan" and a "computer scan"? It seems redundant cuz critical scan is going through all folders and files as I see it so far.

more_horiz
I think the critical scan probably uses heur scanning, which has a chance of finding false positives.
You'll probably post the log while I'm in bed, so we'll see what it says in the morning.

more_horiz
Alright Belazhar,

I'll post up the results of the online scanner when you're back up. It's still running right now. I don't know what time zone you're in, but I'll try to catch you later. Thanks.

more_horiz
okay, so from my results, everything looks okay, i think. That took 3-4 hours to do both scans, wow, what a day. actually, what a 5 days it's been since I originally had this problem on my laptop. Does this look okay to you if this online scanner didn't find the virut? I don't know if Kasperky Online Scanner 7.0 has that included in its database.

[img]post virut infection from external hdd on another pc, need your inspection - Page 2 Untitl26[/img]

[img]post virut infection from external hdd on another pc, need your inspection - Page 2 Untitl27[/img]

[img]post virut infection from external hdd on another pc, need your inspection - Page 2 Untitl28[/img]

[img]post virut infection from external hdd on another pc, need your inspection - Page 2 Untitl29[/img]

I deleted that exe file from the my documents, I think that was there before this virut thing hit on my other machine.

more_horiz
Okay, it should be fine now.

more_horiz
Thanks for all your help Belazhar. I appreciate it. No one personally that I knew gave this much time to inspect and help out as you did. thanks Hooray!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum