GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

descriptionSolvedFlash CS3 swf issues

more_horiz
Would anyone know what could cause certain elements in a .fla file to show up just fine when you use "Test Movie" under "Control", but when you look at the swf file it creates, those certain elements are missing? I imported Illustrator files to Flash, importing everything as a movie clip and naming them all, except some layers that had multiple paths. They all show up fine when I go to Test Movie, but when I look at the swf file it creates, or even go to "Publish" and look at the swf from that, there are things missing from the file like the torso on the character. This is happening in multiple project files and I haven't been able to find an answer yet. Any tips would be appreciated.

descriptionSolvedRe: Flash CS3 swf issues

more_horiz
Is is possible that you are using unsupported file formats? Or maybe the version of the swf file is too old? Did any error come out when you debug it? Was there any actionscript?

more_horiz
Nope. There is no actionscript in this. It's a simple animation using motion tweens on objects which I imported into the Library from Illustrator, and imported each object as a movie clip. How would the swf file be too old? You mean if when I tell it to Publish, it publishes it as an older swf file? I can check the settings but I'm pretty sure it's saving it as Flash 9. Basically everything works fine within Flash CS3 and the Test Movie or Test Scene options, but the published swf file is weird. Is it possible that the Flash Player itself has an issue? I'm pretty sure it's just using the one that comes with Flash CS3. If it is, is there an update?

more_horiz
It will be better if you were to ask Adobe about this. The technicians there will be able to guide you through your problems as it most probably is a fault in the software.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/support/index.cfm?event=membership&returnURL=%2Fcfusion%2Fsupport%2Findex.cfm%3Fevent%3Dportal%26loc%3Den_us&loc=en_us

more_horiz
Thanks a lot! Sorry I didn't say anything sooner. For some reason I was thinking I'd get an automatic email if someone responded to a post. I'll see if Adobe can figure it out.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum