angelwingsayane
fahrside
UsryTregre
Kreeag
Raj74
Sam B. Nikel
Doctor Inferno
48 posters

descriptionUsing Malwarebytes to Remove Malware - Page 3 EmptyRe: Using Malwarebytes to Remove Malware

more_horiz
I followed the instructions and Antivir... is gone, however, now when clicking on a search link I am redirected to a different website, not the intended for the link to go to.

What can I do?

descriptionUsing Malwarebytes to Remove Malware - Page 3 EmptyRe: Using Malwarebytes to Remove Malware

more_horiz
@All Please post a thread in the Malware removal forum and your case will be taken on by one of the experts

descriptionUsing Malwarebytes to Remove Malware - Page 3 EmptyAlpha Antivirus problem for sure - possibly more??

more_horiz
I found your site when looking to remove alpha antivirus ... I follwed the malwarebytes instructions, and it seemed to be working fine, but after the scan when I click OK in the box that says "click show results" (step 8 below) the program closes instantly. How should I proceed?

Thanks ...

more_horiz
Hey guys just wanted to say thank you. I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly. Great instructions, easy to follow. Thank you so much.

descriptionUsing Malwarebytes to Remove Malware - Page 3 EmptyJust got rid of the virus BUT

more_horiz
Im not sure how to really work myself around this site but i just got rid of ThinkPoint off my computer thank you SO much btw!
But! now my icons on my desktop and even when i click the start button wont let me click on anything! There are things that i need for school on my desktop to get to for some of my classes tomorrow. Its really stressing me out all of my icons EVERYWHERE look like a little papers with the top right corner bent with a little picture in the middle of a little window with three icons on them and everytime i try to click on one it says,

"C\Users\{MYNAME}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\HPAdvisor.Ink is not valid Win32 application."

So i press OK.
And it tells me,
"Can't open this item;"
"It might have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Do you want to remove this item?"
and of course i press no because i dont want to remove it, it's obviously important lol.
But how can i/you/we fix it Sad tearing i need help!

again..

more_horiz
Thanks. Bow or Thanks

more_horiz
AHHHH YOU DID IT!!! After spending 4 hours working on my wife's computer I finally found these instructions. Thank you so much! I was getting very angry. Your example, 18 corrupted files, my wife's computer 791. Yikes! But they're all gone now thanks to you! Will come back here any time I have problems now.

more_horiz
I followed every step listed above and after I restarted the computer, my AVG Resident Shield Alert box kept coming up saying that I had multiple threats detected that were white-listed and unable to be changed, same as before. However, the Pop up box for ThinkPoint stopped coming up and my task manager and Internet Explorer started working again. Any suggestions?

more_horiz
It Worked, wow Thanks for that!!! It also found a virus I didn't even know I had, (One that A company I paid 200$ to to fix this computer couldn't find!!) Thanks Again you guys rule!!!!

more_horiz
alright so i have this virus right now. I already knew what to do as far as safe mode and malwarebytes but i looked online to see if there was anythin else.

anyways, when i booted into safe mode (with networking.. not that that makes a difference) the virus took over the desktop. no normal safe mode processes were started. I opened up task manager and luckily the program didnt block that yet, and i ended the process "hotfile.exe". I clicked "new task" and typed "explorer.exe" and then everything was basically back to normal for safe mode.

i thought people should know what to do in case the virus is as evolved as the one i have and its taken over safe mode.

more_horiz
Hi.

I would like to say thank you. This really helped me a lot. More powers to you, GeekPolice. Bow or Thanks

descriptionUsing Malwarebytes to Remove Malware - Page 3 EmptyGreat service, removed ThinkPoint, and sll seems well!! Thanks

more_horiz
Thanks, am gonna link to y'all on Facebook, and add it to my page!!

descriptionUsing Malwarebytes to Remove Malware - Page 3 EmptyTHANK YOU

more_horiz
Just wanted to say thanks to the genius that created this thread Smile...)
Worked like a charm, first try. Had that "think point" something virus. Now its gone after a simple scan with removal and a restart Smile...
I'm happy. Thanks a lot, seriously.

more_horiz
Oh man! It ACTUALLY worked! I mean, this is not the first time I've had run ins with Thinkpoint, and each time I had to delete some of my accounts or wipe my entire computer clean! This time, Thinkpoint wouldn't even let me on to my account!!!

So using the guest account, I found this, and it was a life saver! After 12 minutes it found 187 infected objects, got rid of them all, and I am happily using my own account.

Thanks a bunch!

more_horiz
thanks alot i get rid of it

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum