angelwingsayane
fahrside
UsryTregre
Kreeag
Raj74
Sam B. Nikel
Doctor Inferno
48 posters

descriptionUsing Malwarebytes to Remove Malware - Page 2 EmptyRe: Using Malwarebytes to Remove Malware

more_horiz
It worked like a charm. Spent hours trying to backtrace the source of infection, with marginal success. Malwarebytes cleared everything in about 10 minutes. Outstanding product! THANK YOU for making it available!!!

descriptionUsing Malwarebytes to Remove Malware - Page 2 Emptylocked out

more_horiz
how do i remove from a computer i am locked out of

descriptionUsing Malwarebytes to Remove Malware - Page 2 EmptyTHANK YOU!!

more_horiz
I'm not sure I am in the correct place here, but THANK YOU for the info on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware! OMG

All day I have had an issue with General Antivirus - I clicked "no" for their scan when I was looking for a .dll file and it ended up on my laptop anyway. I won't detail but it was a *major* pib lol. But your site saved the day.

I had even gone so far as to delete the files in the "Programs" folder and it wouldn't let me completely remove anything. There was no "cancel" or "I don't agree" to TOS or uninstall.

Anyway, the file IS gone from "C" and I cannot stop saying "thank you!" I just purchased this laptop and until this was having good luck with it.

I will again.

:-)

descriptionUsing Malwarebytes to Remove Malware - Page 2 EmptyRe: Using Malwarebytes to Remove Malware

more_horiz
Raj74 wrote:
couldnt able to download the software..pls. check

more_horiz
I'm sorry to say that this doesn't seem to have worked.all i got access to is safe mode please help.

more_horiz
thank you so much Malwarebytes did the trick and and saved my computer
I will be sure to let others know how to get rid of this damn virus

descriptionUsing Malwarebytes to Remove Malware - Page 2 EmptyBrowser being redirected/hijacked

more_horiz
Hi Geeks,
Just a note of thanks for providing this forum. After being hit with a number of scareware infections and others I downloaded and ran a number of anti virus software packages including AVG, Malaware bites, Vipre, Adaware, Spybot and a few others I can't remember. These cleaned up most things ok but I was left with my browser consistantly being redirected to seemingly random web sites and nothing seemed to work, I deleted Java, still no good, although after running Vipre the random redirection disapeared and I was consistantly redirected to xn--3iw-jha.com , Vipre seemed to break it but not destroy it. Anyway thanks to your forum I discovered ComboFix Hallelueja!! after reading the excellent instructions put up on your forum this fantastic program fixed a number of issues and I can't recommend it or your forum highly enough. Its frustrating when dealing with scareware as it gets to the stage where you just don't know what program you can trust and the way some of the anti virus programs are marketed they seem little better than the scareware. Thanks again. Thank You!

descriptionUsing Malwarebytes to Remove Malware - Page 2 EmptyRemoval of "Antivirus Soft" SOLVED!!

more_horiz
(Posted this when I signed on as a new member, but wanted to be sure others saw it on this page so they know it worked so well.)

A big, big thank you for the instructions on how to stop my computer from being "hijacked" by this vicious virus. Followed "Dr. Inforeno's" very clear instructions and it worked like a charm. I have just one question, though.
The instructions said to "uncheck the box labeled 'Use a proxy server for your LAN". Now that I am done, should I go back and 're-check' that box?

(Also, after I ran the quick scan, which found 17 infected files, I ran the complete scan and it found 5 additional).

more_horiz
Just a little note to inform you folks of something a little different out there. Yesterday, my Internet Explorer 8 browser would not load. My Mozilla browser did load and I used it to find something to help IE8. On the "Microsoft Help" website there was a paid ad, (not Microsoft) by "uniblue" for a two minute scan deal to help fix Internet Explorer. I clicked it and wound up downloading something called "RegReady". I did run the scan but got suspicious before I ran any other feature of the program. Turns out it deactivated Malwarebytes from loading. It wouldn't un-install normally ( tried many ways to uninstall it). Used HiJackThis to get rid of enough parts to be able to un-install.
By the way, I found a system component to help analyze IE8 and IE8 had too many "add-on" features, whatever the hell that means. Seems as though when I tried to un-install an AVG Free Antivirus program, (tried Avira) there were many AVG pieces still around clogging up IE8. I clicked the option to remove those remnants and Viola, IE8 booted up. Oh, I forgot, it also screwed up my MagicJack telephone system. A message repeated that I needed to plug it into a USB port (it was plugged into a USB port), as usual so, when IE8 came back, so did MagicJack. *SNIP*

Last edited by DragonMaster Jay on 2nd July 2010, 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed info about MagicJack!)

more_horiz
HELP - I did exactly what you said. Downloaded program and transfered it to the infected computer. It found the malware virus and I selcted remove and restarted computer. Now it wil not come up. Error 92 no operating system found. I need help. greg.
*SNIP*

Last edited by DragonMaster Jay on 25th July 2010, 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed email address.)

more_horiz
I followed the instructions and Antivir... is gone, however, now when clicking on a search link I am redirected to a different website, not the intended for the link to go to.

What can I do?

more_horiz
@All Please post a thread in the Malware removal forum and your case will be taken on by one of the experts

descriptionUsing Malwarebytes to Remove Malware - Page 2 EmptyAlpha Antivirus problem for sure - possibly more??

more_horiz
I found your site when looking to remove alpha antivirus ... I follwed the malwarebytes instructions, and it seemed to be working fine, but after the scan when I click OK in the box that says "click show results" (step 8 below) the program closes instantly. How should I proceed?

Thanks ...

more_horiz
Hey guys just wanted to say thank you. I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly. Great instructions, easy to follow. Thank you so much.

descriptionUsing Malwarebytes to Remove Malware - Page 2 EmptyJust got rid of the virus BUT

more_horiz
Im not sure how to really work myself around this site but i just got rid of ThinkPoint off my computer thank you SO much btw!
But! now my icons on my desktop and even when i click the start button wont let me click on anything! There are things that i need for school on my desktop to get to for some of my classes tomorrow. Its really stressing me out all of my icons EVERYWHERE look like a little papers with the top right corner bent with a little picture in the middle of a little window with three icons on them and everytime i try to click on one it says,

"C\Users\{MYNAME}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\HPAdvisor.Ink is not valid Win32 application."

So i press OK.
And it tells me,
"Can't open this item;"
"It might have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Do you want to remove this item?"
and of course i press no because i dont want to remove it, it's obviously important lol.
But how can i/you/we fix it Sad tearing i need help!

again..

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum