This guide provides you instructions on how to use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove virus/spyware/trojans/other malware and fake security softwares.
If following this guide still doesn't solve your problems, please proceed here where you will be professionally assisted by security experts to solve your problem for free.
Follow these instructions:
If this program is already installed: Skip the installation and run only the scan! If you have an old version called "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" then you need to completely upgrade it to version 3. Please ensure to update according to instructions below.
Download and install: Please download Malwarebytes' scanner to your desktop.
- Double-click mb3-setup-consumer-3.x.x.xxxx and follow the prompts to install the program.
- Click Finish.
- On the Dashboard, click the 'Check for Updates' button.
- After the update completes, click the 'Scan Now' button.
- A Threat Scan will begin. Please allow it to progress through the scanning process.
- When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Quarantines Selected button to allow the program to clean what was detected.
- In most cases, a restart will be required.
- Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
How to get logs: (Export log to save as txt)
- After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open Malwarebytes once more.
- Click on the Reports tab > Scan Report. (if you have done more than one scan in the past, select the most recent that shows the Date and time of the scan just performed. Press View Report button.
- Click 'Export'.
- Click 'Text file (*.txt)'
- In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.
- In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.
- A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".
- Click Ok
- Find the log on your Desktop and Attach that saved log to your post if you are receiving help here on the site.
(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)
If you are still experiencing problems or difficulties following this guide or require any assistance removing this malware, please post your questions in our Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal forums where we will help you for free.
You have to be logged in to post questions. Registration is free. By registering you will be privileged to ask questions and other resources.
Last edited by Dr Jay on 21st July 2018, 9:22 pm; edited 35 times in total (Reason for editing : Information Update)