WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

BSOD Error

2 posters

descriptionSolvedBSOD Error

more_horiz
Hi, I have been getting many BSOD through the last couple of months. I've thought there might be a problem with the processor so I replaced it. I've also replaced the Memory RAM but still no problem. I think it even got worse. Now, the computer freezes sometimes and there is nothing I can do (Not even Ctrl+Alt+Dlt). I occasionally get the blue screen of death and it's really getting annoying. Please help.

When the BSOD appeared i was running some multimedia programs.
It said:

**Stop: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005,0X000000C0, 0XF307C520, 0X00000000)

Thanks.

descriptionSolvedRe: BSOD Error

more_horiz
Please enable me sending PMs because I posted this and nobody was helping me. I did PM Belahzur in order to get your support. He guided me in the next step by requesting some information about the files.

Anyways, here is the information. I got another BSOD with different technical information.

**Stop: 0X00000050 (0XFFFFFFF5, 0XBF8143DB, 0X00000000)

***Win32k.sys - Address BF8143DB base at BF800000, Datestamp 41107f7a

more_horiz
Your problem occurs when you run a program that simultaneously creates menu items in a loop. If you use the hot keys for the program menu, the Win32k.sys may be triggered by a race condition in the menu handler of the driver during the MNOpenHierarchy.

Just to confirm, are you using XP as stated in your profile? Or are you using Windows Vista as stated in your previous profiles?

If you are using XP, are you using SP2?

more_horiz
On this computer, where the BSOD occurs, I'm using Windows XP with SP 2. Can I please have an explanation on how to fix the problem as well as why I'm disabled of sending PMs?

more_horiz
Because your accounts have sent advertisements through PM, so you will be striped of that privilege to send PMs.

Download this hotfix and run it:

http://drop.io/hvqbhiv/asset/161056-enu-i386-zip-exe

See if it solves the problem.

more_horiz
Are you serious? You said that you believed that it was my friend who did that. We have talked this out on MSN! Even if I was advertising through PM, you would have seen that I would have done it on my other accounts, but I didn't. This is starting to get annoying again.

Anyways, I will download the hotfix and see if it fixes it.

Thanks and please enable PM messaging.

more_horiz
I tried to download the hotfix, however, a password is required to extract the file.

Do you have an idea what the password is ? No way!

more_horiz
This should be the password:

Code:

hZ5d2n7

If it doesn't work, try this:

Code:

D8rGwD#

more_horiz
Would you please enable my P.M?

Also, I extracted the files and everything. However, I opened the .exe file and got an error message that says:

Code:

You do not need to install this update since you have an updated version of Windows Service Pack

Thanks

more_horiz
Can you please do something about this? I've been waiting for a while now...

more_horiz
I'm still waiting, Doc. This is taking longer than I expected.

more_horiz
Hello,

Sorry for the delay, I have been busy. The 0x8E error code relates to faulty RAM.

Create a new folder on the desktop and name it what ever you want. Navigate to C:\windows\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to the folder you just created.

Close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Upload that zip file to mediafire.com

It might help me identify a Microsoft driver causing this error, if it's even the cause of it.

Since almost all these can be caused by faulty ram, I would recommend you perform memory tests:

Beginners Guides: Diagnosing Bad Memory

Memtest86 - A Stand-alone Memory Diagnostic

more_horiz
Thanks for your response.

Just an FYI: I have formatted my computer and re-installed Windows, even a different version of Windows, but the problem is still there.

It might be a hardware problem but I don't know what it is. I have already replaced the processor and RAM, but the problem is still there. I will tell you when I do the above steps.

Thanks

more_horiz
Hi Doctor Inferno,
I have uploaded the ZIP File and they can be found here.

more_horiz
They are all "win32k.sys" faults such as this:

Code:

BugCheck 10000050, {ebfffff4, 0, bf805844, 0}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!HmgIncProcessHandleCount+39 )

Win32k.sys is a core system driver -- so we are probably looking at a hardware fault here such as bad ram or over heating.

Have you checked the ram?

Beginners Guides: Diagnosing Bad Memory

Memtest86 - A Stand-alone Memory Diagnostic

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum