WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Run a DLL as an app windows pop-up message, possible malware

2 posters

descriptionRun a DLL as an app windows pop-up message, possible malware - Page 3 EmptyRe: Run a DLL as an app windows pop-up message, possible malware

more_horiz
Unfortunately yes it is still there.

descriptionRun a DLL as an app windows pop-up message, possible malware - Page 3 EmptyRe: Run a DLL as an app windows pop-up message, possible malware

more_horiz
Can you delete it now? Smile...

more_horiz
No I can not delete it.

more_horiz
You'll need to logon to the administrator account then.
Press Start > Log off > log off

Now in the user menu, you might only see your account and the other, but not administrator.
Hit alt+ctrl+del twice to access an advanced logon option.
In the username part, type in "administrator" without the quote and try to logon.
If it won't let you because of a password, try admin or administrator.

If you can get on, go to Start > Control Panel > User account.
Choose Seth if it's there and see if there's an option to delete it.

more_horiz
Tried all variations, can't login under administrator.

more_horiz
Hmm.
Who set up this machine? did you parents set the administrator password?

more_horiz
This machine was hector's brothers machine. The provided passwords from him to access the accounts for admin, and seth did not work, So I don't think there's anything we can do there. Do we have other options? Can I use a utility to just move/delete the Seth folder?

more_horiz
The control userpasswords2 does have an option to change the administrator password, go back into the control userpasswords2, highlight administrator and underneath the user accounts list should be a change password option.
Run a DLL as an app windows pop-up message, possible malware - Page 3 Pass.th

more_horiz
Successfully changed hte password and tried to login as administrator again. Get message unable to log you in because of an account restriction.

more_horiz
Hmm.
I'll give this one more shot then ask another forum tech to drop by.
In control usepasswords2, click the Advanced tab.
Under the Advanced user management, click Advanced.

This opens the advanced user control. Double click on "Users", then right click Seth if it's there and delete it.

more_horiz
After clicking the "Advanced" tab under advanced user management i get a message in the right hand column stating that this snapin can not be used with windows XP home.

more_horiz
Okay, hang tight and we'll see what my colleagues think.

more_horiz
For what it's worth, I am able to login to the machine under the administrator account in safe mode, tried deleting the "seth" folder and it still says access denied.

more_horiz
Oh, you got in.
In the control panel, go into the user accounts again.
Is Seth there?

more_horiz
The user "Seth" is no in the user accounts. Just FYI, I also tried deleting the seth folder in documents and settings and still got the access denied.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum