gp4l
jada
JRokk
ackk543
kinky afro
Pc Jedi
Doctor Inferno
73 posters

descriptionHow to Remove Personal Antivirus [Delete Guide] - Page 6 EmptyPersonal Antivirus

more_horiz
Is Personal Antivirus the same as Personal AV? The icon looks different to what I downloaded.

descriptionHow to Remove Personal Antivirus [Delete Guide] - Page 6 EmptyRe: How to Remove Personal Antivirus [Delete Guide]

more_horiz
Yes, it is the same.

descriptionHow to Remove Personal Antivirus [Delete Guide] - Page 6 EmptyRe: How to Remove Personal Antivirus [Delete Guide]

more_horiz
Okay the Malwarebytes worked great! Another question - When on Facebook I keep getting a McAfee SiteAdviser red X warning about the site. I am not sure how to respond to the warning, especially after my go-round w/PersonalAV. Supposedly I am McAfee protected b/c the subscription automatically renewed. Is my McAfee not protecting me on forums such as Facebook or chat, and do I need to purchase something like AVG 8.5 web-guard? Thanks for your reply.

descriptionHow to Remove Personal Antivirus [Delete Guide] - Page 6 EmptyRe:Personal Antivirus

more_horiz
Thank you guys for your assistance,it was agreat help to get rid of personal antivirus.

descriptionHow to Remove Personal Antivirus [Delete Guide] - Page 6 EmptyPersonal Antivirus Removal -- Followed Your Instructions

more_horiz
To the geniuses at GeekPolice -- Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! What would I do without you to rescue me from that horrible, insidious fiend, Personal Antivirus. I followed the steps exactly as you outlined them above, and voila! No more PAV ... now I only hope I can keep from "clicking" too quickly on things that appear to be security software issues and not fall victim again!!

Just so you know, PAV first appeared while I was reading some news stories off either AIM or Yahoo News. I went to an accompanying set of pictures and was clicking through the pictures when the 1st PAV box appeared warning me of numerous viruses in oodles of my files! I guess I panicked, and because I saw a gold "shield" which is very similar in appearance to the shield logo of my very own Microsoft OneCare security software, I clicked on the box without reading and evaluating everything there thoroughly. Still, I think I would inevitably have been fooled by the similar-looking logo! I then got suspicious and stopped what I was doing before giving any c.c. info or actually downloading anything (so I thought), and I did a OneCare complete scan -- not once but TWICE.... but still the little PAV bar was at the bottom of the screen, and then there were annoying pop-up warnings every 10 minutes. I had to do something, but I didn't know what. Finally, it occurred to me... Google it, dummy! When I Googled PAV, I found a lot of possible helps, but then I saw "GeekPolice.net" and remembered reading about you guys one time. I'm so glad I found you when I did! I'm a happy, happy person right now! Thank you so much again! Hooray! ~ no longer desperate!

more_horiz
Woh,It's to awesome! Thank you so much!

descriptionHow to Remove Personal Antivirus [Delete Guide] - Page 6 EmptyAnti-Malware for PAV

more_horiz
Your Anti-Malware removal tool for Personal Anti-Virus is Awesome! My 20-something daughter picked up PAV by inadvertently getting stung on a celebrity photo site. I was disappointed that Symatec Endpoint with the latest def's and Microsoft's Defender didn't catch this. I hunted this beast down and thought I caught it all, but Internet Explorer was still hijacked. IE would be opened with nothing else going on, but iexplore.exe in Task Manager was consuming 95% CPU! I ran the Quick Scan, (which took about 20 min) and it found six more 'infected' cases in files and the registry that I could then clean/remove. Thank you!

descriptionHow to Remove Personal Antivirus [Delete Guide] - Page 6 Emptypersonal antivirus

more_horiz
sorry new to this

followed your advice and downloaded malewarebytes, but nothing happens when i click on icon, im sure ive downloaded it fully, went thru process few times any ideas

descriptionHow to Remove Personal Antivirus [Delete Guide] - Page 6 EmptyI love you guys

more_horiz
Hi

Just wanted to say thanks, after accidently downloading PAV onto my boyfrinds laptop while he was at work...i accordingly shit my pants Shocking Whoa and lost all grip of reality as it started to piss me off so bad i wanted to cry! Sad tearing Then i found your site and the unbelievably sexy Dr. Inferno Awesome (sparkly) and all my problems were solved. I owe you sexy little geeks bigtime! I think you are providing a service akin to charity and i want you to know i appreciate it!

Again....THANK YOU. I owe you a drink! My Buddy

Love Georgia
xx

more_horiz
Thanks I can't believe it was that easy with your help. I've wasted hours today trying to get rid of it. There is a special place waiting in heaven for you guys. Cheesy Grin (sparkly

descriptionHow to Remove Personal Antivirus [Delete Guide] - Page 6 EmptyYou guys ROCK

more_horiz
I had this personal antivirus thing (where the hell did it come from??) and I immediately was suspicious. I googled it and found your forum,followed the instructions and viola! Problem solved. Hooray!
Thank you so much! I did it without the help of my computer geek son. (wait til I tell him!). Awesome (sparkly)
Thank you!
Thank You!

more_horiz
Thank you so much for your help!

I recently purchased a new computer. I was frantic when I saw this Personal Antivirus thing.
I do have AntiVirus installed, but obviously it didn't catch it. I googled it, and someone there recommended GeekPolice. At first I was reluctant to register, but I am so glad I did.
I followed a few simple steps and Hooray! it was gone.

Thanks again.

more_horiz
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! My husband would have killed me if i didnt get that stupid thing out of here lol so again Thank You! Thank You!

more_horiz
yes finally a website with easy step by step prompts and a free download that scanned and removed the nasty critters from my computer! (instead of asking for payment for removal). I must have spent 5 hours today trying to remove this fake antivirus to no avail until I came across your website....and everything worked!

Thanks a million to you and malware download! Smile...

descriptionHow to Remove Personal Antivirus [Delete Guide] - Page 6 EmptyProgram not responding

more_horiz
I have downloaded and installed Malwarebytes. After running the scan and getting my results, when I perform Step 11 - remove selected; the program looks like it is removing the items, then I get a message that the program is not responding. Do you have any suggestions? I have tried 3 times to remove Personal Antivirus and have had the same issue each time. Do I need to Purchase Malwarebytes before it works correctly?

Thanks,
Greg

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum