WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNot sure if this is a virus but need help!!!! EmptyNot sure if this is a virus but need help!!!!

more_horiz
my sister was using our home computer this afternoon when "Norton2009" detected some other "norton" application, and that it had to delete that program. It then proceeded to prompt for her to restart the computer, and when she did from what i see, 90% of the .exe's are now .ink, i can't open anything including windows applications, its also got some graphic issues as well... Appears to be running in 16bit color mode with 800x600 pixelation. The graphics problems seem to disappear when i boot in safe mode, but nothing else works in safe mode. I do have hijack this on this computer, but i cant open it because i cant open anything! Any clues on whats going on
? PLEASE HELP!!! NOTE, this is also my dads computer and i would love to fix this without him gettin all flustered lol. Currently running windows XP home sp3, not sure about the specs on this computer because i never use it. questions or comments please feel free to email me, i will check this periodically throughout this evening and tmrw as well

descriptionNot sure if this is a virus but need help!!!! EmptyRe: Not sure if this is a virus but need help!!!!

more_horiz
Please download the current version of HijackThis from HERE

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

descriptionNot sure if this is a virus but need help!!!! EmptyRe: Not sure if this is a virus but need help!!!!

more_horiz
ok, but how am i supposed to run it? i cant open ANYthing.. not even windows applications

more_horiz
Sorry, misunderstanding. I read it as you can't run any windows files, but Hijack This doesn't call any windows files to be able to run.

We have other tools which AREN'T .exe files, but they call on cmd and wscript to be able to run.

Please download SilentRunners from here:
http://www.silentrunners.org/Silent%20Runners.zip
Unzip it to the desktop and double-click on it. If you get any kind of warning message about scripts, please choose to allow the script to run. When the scan is finished, a message will pop up and a logfile will have been created on the desktop. Please post the entire contents of this logfile for me to see.

more_horiz
ok i will do that ASAP thank you, ill post the log either later this evening or tmrw morning

more_horiz
well belhazur, ive tried valiently to download and run those programs, but its sad to say that im gonna format it. Next time my stupid sister needs to watch what shes doing!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum